British Speedway Forum

3 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

As no tyres were changed during the meeting you will have find something else to moan about.

Were riders in semi and final not offered a second tyre as per rulebook?

All the whinging,complaining & lack of respect to the winner . 

why not praise Redcar for providing a track which was allowing passing in heat 22 , 

It was a meeting full of terrific racing  Apart from Belle Vue what other track could’ve done it.  

Ben Cook was excellent , his time will come, I would have been Danny or Bomber had won it , as it happened one of the sport’s great triers did it, Well done Charles 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Norfolk Bear said:

why not praise Redcar for providing a track which was allowing passing in heat 22 , 

It was a meeting full of terrific racing  Apart from Belle Vue what other track could’ve done it.  

Ben Cook was excellent , his time will come, I would have been Danny or Bomber had won it , as it happened one of the sport’s great triers did it, Well done Charles 

The 'winner' didn't show much respect to his team mate, did he?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Norfolk Bear said:

Agreed , I thoroughly enjoyed yesterday after sitting in torrential rain in the car park thinking I wasn't going to see any speedway . So the Redcar trackstaff deserve enormous credit . 

When Sheffield riders won the PLRC every few years , folk would moan about home track advantage . A home rider wins and thats what you get . Ok I wanted my own team's rider ( Chris Harris ) to win , but when you got racing like we got yesterday , speedway was the real winner,  but well done Charles Wright . 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Well done to Charles Wright, but I’m amazed he was allowed in the re-run; his erratic riding put Danny King into the fence.

I can see a lot of back-and-forth regarding Craig Cook who I’m a big fan of, but what actually happened?

I haven’t been a regular for many years, but forked-out £14.99 (an outrageous amount of money) for a line-up which disappointed me greatly as I used to travel the length of the country to see this meeting (Sheffield and the old Belle Vue, in particular). So, for one of the few ex-GP riders to withdraw was a huge let down.

I’d like to reiterate that I’m not attacking Craig Cook; I just feel transparency is important for the paying public.

29 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

The 'winner' didn't show much respect to his team mate, did he?

Accidentally knocking someone off isn’t a lack of respect, it’s racing

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Norfolk Bear said:

Fair points there. Redcar track is always very good :t:

Still feel Charles should have been excluded but purely based on the rerun, well done! 

4 minutes ago, MartinBSN said:

Accidentally knocking someone off isn’t a lack of respect, it’s racing

Knocking someone off, accidentally, out of control or otherwise, is not racing - its carnage!:rolleyes:

1 minute ago, Skidder1 said:

Knocking someone off, accidentally, out of control or otherwise, is not racing - its carnage!:rolleyes:

Still not lack of respect to his team mate though, which you unfairly suggested

1 minute ago, MartinBSN said:

Still not lack of respect to his team mate though, which you unfairly suggested

I merely asked after his team mate! I would have made the same comment whichever rider found himself off gate 4 and in the fence through no fault of their own!

21 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I merely asked after his team mate! I would have made the same comment whichever rider found himself off gate 4 and in the fence through no fault of their own!

You literally said he didn’t show much respect to his team mate.

2 hours ago, MartinBSN said:

Were riders in semi and final not offered a second tyre as per rulebook?

no i did ask but was told no 

It was an individual meeting, not a team meeting, Everyman for himself surely. Danny didn’t seem to concerned when congratulating Charles after the race. For what it’s worth I thought Charles should have been excluded. 

5 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

A few quid but the BSPL didn’t even bring a trophy, they forgot , the club had to produce one from behind the bar.

Wouldn't surprise me, the last time I looked the word 'Championship' was spelt wrong on the British Final trophy too... 

46 minutes ago, MartinBSN said:

You literally said he didn’t show much respect to his team mate.

Well he didn't did he?!