British Speedway Forum
Cast1rn

Plymouth Vs Berwick 8/8/23 live BSN

Tidal River there right behind where they keep tractors on 3rd bend. 

So water not only coming from sky but very high water table under the track 

High tides killing the venue it seems. 

Just now, HGould said:

Nothing to do with high tides,Rory schlien take a bow.

• Haha 1

Just now, HGould said:

Should have been off at High Tide then.Pathetic All round.IMO

whats the point off walking round the track kicking some dirt about when you have no intentions of getting on your bike.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lewy said:

More than Rory clearly! 

Why was Ritchie Worrall shaking his head after his laps??? 

Leon certainly wasn't happy! It's clear Jye wasn't either!! 

If that track wasn't safe to ride then why should they go out! 

People pay their money to see riders going full throttle for 15 heats.. that wasn't going to be the case if it had went ahead!! 

Like Greg said, just a half arsed effort from the Plymouth promotion... Why were they not there from midday doing everything they could? 

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, lewy said:

Nothing to do with high tides? Everything to do with no track prep til 6pm, according to BSN who were there from 12 noon ish!

Anyway moving on. BSN viewers will enjoy a top notch meeting tomorrow. A spit more of rain due overnight but the track will be fine for Pirates v Cheetahs!

Might even get a Super heat?!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, HGould said:

Have you got the tide times for next week?

Cheers.

• Haha 1

How much money has been wasted, ambulance hire, BSN turning up and setting up, saw a few bandit fans so travel costs etc. How many of those that showed up and paid money will be back next Tuesday for Redcar?

I have never ridden a bike or graded a track in my life, but In my present profession and past employment I have alway adopted the 6 P's,

Prior Preparation Prevents Pi$$ Poor Performance.

If as Greg has stated, that they had been there  since midday and nothing was done until one hour before tapes up was schedule, have the Plymouth track team put in sufficient "preparation"?

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

Angry doesn’t describe how I’m feeling right now so I’ll be careful what I say but people behind me in the queue who were on holiday could not get there money back just a stamped ticket what good is that to them they asked the ladies in the booth to can they speak to the promoter they were told to go and find him.someone else asked for there money back was told the same or to email Plymouth gladiators when they asked for the email address the ladies didn’t no it absolutely heartbreaking to see the club I support becoming a laughing stock I don’t no nothing about track prep but I no we haven’t had rain since 11 this morning and that was drizzle not everyone can afford to just have a ticket stamped some people it comes out of there family budget and if they could have had there money back maybe they could do something else with there kids this week.

I said they were the worst promotion in GB Speedway last season and they have sunk to even lower depths. The Plymouth supporters deserve better! Must try harder, much, much harder!

1 minute ago, Cast1rn said:

How much money has been wasted, ambulance hire, BSN turning up and setting up, saw a few bandit fans so travel costs etc. How many of those that showed up and paid money will be back next Tuesday for Redcar?

I have never ridden a bike or graded a track in my life, but In my present profession and past employment I have alway adopted the 6 P's,

If as Greg has stated, that they had been there  since midday and nothing was done until one hour before tapes up was schedule, have the Plymouth track team put in sufficient "preparation"?

It's the norm I've heard.

2 minutes ago, Cast1rn said:

The Plymouth track team is Mr Phillips, the promoter.

The bloody Shame of it is I saw the Plymouth Fans on the Stream that were so loud up at Glasgow for the U21's on the telly and feel for them, the enthusiasm they showed for Dan Gilkes and Ben trigger was more than any other rider got that day. Hope they still have a team to support next season cause they deserve it.

Edited by Cast1rn
  • Like 2

I haven’t seen what the guys on bsn have said because I was there but they have no reason to lie have they, I do hope even the most vocal of Plymouth fans on here don’t try to defend what’s happened tonight because if what there saying is not true than it’s defamation of character and there not going to do that it will be very interesting to see what the Plymouth promotion have to say on it all because it’s gone out to a lot of people tonight can they all be wrong.

You can’t really defend the sport in these situations it’s just taking the fans for a ride.

The ref should have called this meeting Off when she turned up.Even she would know the half of the riders would not want it on in these track conditions.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 2

Very sad to see this I'm a glasgow fan & I seen a few Plymouth fans up here for under 21 & had a wee chat they were fantastic hope they get things sorted I'm not a fan of really small tracks but their fans deserve better

• Like 1