British Speedway Forum
Cast1rn

Plymouth Vs Berwick 8/8/23 live BSN

27 minutes ago, Derrickn said:

No stage on any grand tour race is 200 miles.You must be thinking of kilometers.Also,drug testing in cycling is more stringent than it has ever been.

They still can’t catch them though.

• Like 1

If Richie had half a brain, he would've sent Steve to Plymouth in his place last night. See if anyone noticed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

2 minutes ago, King Jamie said:

If Richie had half a brain, he would've sent Steve to Plymouth in his place last night. See if anyone noticed.

You are obviously assuming Richie is guilty before all tests and facts are known. 

Dangerous ground to be on. 

59 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Same here Well Done to Joe Thompson and James Pearson both young riders with potential,been messed about all season and replaced with riders past their best with Promoters thinking these experienced riders will start upping their average again which happens once in a blue moon.(apt)°

Joe was certainly unlucky to be dropped by Scunthorpe, but both of them were not scoring well at Birmingham, so can't complain about that. I know Brummies replacements haven't done great, but that doesn't deflect from the fact if Joe & James had ridden like this, they wouldn't have been dropped by the Brummies.

Well done to both lads for finding their form now!

Edited by szkocjasid

1 minute ago, szkocjasid said:

Joe was certainly unlucky to be dropped by Scunthorpe, but both of them were not scoring well at Birmingham, so can't complain about that. I know Brummies replacements haven't done great, but doesn't deflect from the fact if Joe & James had ridden like this, they wouldn't have been dropped by the Brummies.

Mind you most riders find their form against Berwick lol

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, geoff100 said:

So a rider with history gets picked out at random,just how sweaty were his bollocks last night? Do these testers turn up at other sports as often??

Considering the number of failures already this season alone, they probably aren’t turning up enough! 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

Joe was certainly unlucky to be dropped by Scunthorpe, but both of them were not scoring well at Birmingham, so can't complain about that. I know Brummies replacements haven't done great, but that doesn't deflect from the fact if Joe & James had ridden like this, they wouldn't have been dropped by the Brummies.

my point was more about dropping young riders for  older ones past their best.Thereis always more cha nce  off young riders improving.Having seen both riders personally thought they were decent prospects.

• Like 1

George Dodds comment on Tuesday night debacle "more chasing than racing"" hopefully at Berwick not the same 

Whoever he is was watching a completely different meeting to me, was that comment because the bandits blew it .

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bandit59 said:

George Dodds comment on Tuesday night debacle "more chasing than racing"" hopefully at Berwick not the same 

Just unlucky.Hopefully the opposition don’t gate on Sat that would ruin our season.

Edited by Fromafar

1 minute ago, Mike0310 said:

Whoever he is was watching a completely different meeting to me, was that comment because the bandits blew it .

His match reports are more exciting than the meetings.You would think that only Berwick riders had gate 4 all night for starters the rest was Gladiator riders fault.!!

He did get one thing spot on their reserves were better than ours.

56 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

The Berwick match reports are usually a thing of fiction, half truths and balderdash, with a smattering of poor sentences and poorer spelling thrown in for good measure.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, King Jamie said:

It was a joke about them being twins. Lighten up.

I must I have wondered more than once, if they really have considered it!!! :D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mike0310 said:

Having watched the whole meeting on BSN and then having just read the Berwick meeting report on their website, I can't believe I watched the same meeting?!

I know clubs try to 'spin the positives for their own fans' but surely theres a limit.

BTW well done Glads (or as Barker continued to call them 'Devils') and well done Joe.

• Like 1