British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Ipswich Vs Kings Lynn August 10th

52 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

Mark never hit the air fence that’s all, Danny did catch the last two sections of air fence

Think it was shorter in those days and after his crash they made it longer

Edited by SPEEDY69
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Think it was shorter in those days and after his crash they made it longer

Yeah i seem to recall it was shorter back in the day and didn't run as far outta the corner and on to the back straight 

11 hours ago, 25yearfan said:

I thought the ref made the wrong decision in the King crash!

Klindt was in front so was entitled to choose his racing line, King (fairplay for the effort) was trying to go through a gap that wasn't there! 

But his racing line meant contact with Danny which resulted in him going through the fence which is an exclusion for unfair riding

I've seen this argued before - if rider A is inches ahead he can choose to take whatever line he wants. It's not the case.......

• Like 2

On 8/12/2023 at 7:51 AM, Bagpuss said:

Would be good to see the Klindt/King incident as the two non Ipswich fans who have commented on it have suggested that it might not be the open and shut case we have been led to believe.

Klindt isn't the type of ruder to fence people but also King doesn't tend to go for gaps which aren't there.

Have seen king take that wide line from where I stand on exit of second turn a thousand times, he knows Foxhall better than anyone if he’s behind and the gaps closing he backs out, he’s a brave rider and  will keep it open when there’s room and when he’s alongside but he’s not stupid and knows when to yield when behind.

He definitely wasn’t expecting that from nicolai hence he kept it wound on having got the run and being alongside with room to race which was taken away with zero time to get out of the way and avoid a crash.

no bias on my part, if that was an Ipswich rider doing it to an away rider I’d be just as outraged, if anything more outraged as an avid fan, I expect a better level of respect to be shown by my team on the track.

just really don’t like seeing people get fenced, hard but fair racing is great entertainment, standing with a lump in throat wondering if a rider 20 metres in front of you strewn out on the stock car track having been sent through two sections of air fence and 3 wooden fence panels is not, that was a big crash and Danny lucky not to be seriously hurt - like others have said was a very similar incident to one that effectively ended mark loram’s career.

and of all the people to do it to, Danny one of the fairest riders about not a bad bone in his body. 

Edited by 89buttons
  • Like 4

Danny’s reaction to klint when he came to check on him was to throw his hands up to gesture why did you do that. 
klint did apologise and claimed he lifted but I’m not so sure of that. I am sure he didn’t mean to fence Danny but that was the consequence of his riding. 

18 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Danny’s reaction to klint when he came to check on him was to throw his hands up to gesture why did you do that. 
klint did apologise and claimed he lifted but I’m not so sure of that. I am sure he didn’t mean to fence Danny but that was the consequence of his riding. 

The good old Danish lift :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

The good old Danish lift :rolleyes:

Very similar to Claus vissing to Ben barker at Glasgow on Friday night.  The Danes definitely were at the preben eriksen training days !!!

• Like 1

I think a lot of it may come down to the 80cc racing the Danish kids do,,they learn alot obout blocking and fencing in that due to the lack of power 

• Like 1

On 8/12/2023 at 11:00 AM, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

But his racing line meant contact with Danny which resulted in him going through the fence which is an exclusion for unfair riding

I've seen this argued before - if rider A is inches ahead he can choose to take whatever line he wants. It's not the case.......

My post only replicated my instant gut reaction after the incident! - I could be wrong but I've learnt over the years that your gut reaction is normally not far off the truth!