British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
4BM

Sheffield v Leicester 10th August

Any tips on parking if I don't want to park in the car park? I don't mind a short 5 -10 minute walk

... should I decide to attend

8 minutes ago, iainb said:

Any tips on parking if I don't want to park in the car park? I don't mind a short 5 -10 minute walk

Driving towards the City from Owlerton, there are loads of car dealerships you can park by.  You'll probably have to pass them and do U turn by the stadium to get to them.

Shove this in your Sat Nav: 608 Penistone Rd, Hillsborough, Sheffield S6 2FZ

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Col said:

Driving towards the City from Owlerton, there are loads of car dealerships you can park by.  You'll probably have to pass them and do U turn by the stadium to get to them.

Shove this in your Sat Nav: 608 Penistone Rd, Hillsborough, Sheffield S6 2FZ

Thanks @Col :t:

16 minutes ago, iainb said:

Theres parking on Lowther Road right next to stadium, assuming you arrive early.  I have parked there a few times

and your straight out onto main road towards Sheffield after the meeting

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Dornier said:

Theres parking on Lowther Road right next to stadium, assuming you arrive early.  I have parked there a few times

and your straight out onto main road towards Sheffield after the meeting

Thanks @Dornier :t:

1 hour ago, iainb said:

There is a car park not far from Hillsborough corner /  - my guess is 5-10 minutes at max walk which will include waiting at the traffic lights on Penistone Road by Owlerton! Will PM you the location

This was a cracking meeting last time made all the better by a very large leicester contigent - almost sorry to miss it - Hopefully Laguta will be at Foxhall and beef up the stars a bit!

4 hours ago, GeneralMelchett said:

This was a cracking meeting last time, made all the better by a very large Leicester contingent

I agree...............By the way, what you up to since Blackadder finished ? 

24 minutes ago, justathought said:

I agree...............By the way, what you up to since Blackadder finished ? 

Not too much actually just hanging around on here like a stench in a drain - speedway it drives you mad but you still love it! Enjoy the meeting I am off to Foxhall soon!

Having just got here & found a spot, you'll have to go a bit further than the Citroen garage.  No food I the New Barrack Tavern either!

Don't think I've seen Owlerton this packed since PLRC in 2004.  Fair few fans in Leicester colours.  Interesting that Worrall has Leicester kevlars but Cooke doesn't.

Edited by Col

2 minutes ago, Col said:

Don't think I've seen Owlerton this packed since PLRC in 2004.  Fair few fans in Leicester colours.  Interesting that Worrall has Leicester kevlars but Cooke doesn't.

Worrall is obviously using last season's race suit.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Andrew said:

This is a big crowd!

That's good to hear.

• Thanks 1