British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Robert Lee

The Crooked House Pub

As a matter of interest is the "crooked house" that was opposite the entrance of Cradley Stadium still there?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tyretrax said:

Meanwhile at The Crooked House pub..............

i sorry about that lads , he does like to have the last word but i think i out done him, ssshhhh.:t:

It's an old trick. I did it years back, dropping a cigarette from my new outfit I hated, to damage it, so I wouldn't have to wear it again. I was only six, my parents went mad, told me never to smoke again when wearing new clobber. 

Edited by moxey63
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, steve roberts said:

As a matter of interest is the "crooked house" that was opposite the entrance of Cradley Stadium still there?

No Steve. The Crooked House that has been in the news is in Himley some miles away from Dudley Wood. From my memory there was an old crooked house opposite the stadium, but it wasn't a pub. 

Edit: sorry didn't read your question properly.  I think the one opposite the stadium is long demolished

Edited by salty
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, steve roberts said:

I think it was down memory lane if I am correct ?