British Speedway Forum
Mick Bratley

Peterborough Speedway - petition

What's even more interesting is that someone "makes the effort" to read a thread entitled "Peterborough Speedway - Petition" and makes no reference regarding signing or otherwise of same?

Edited by steve roberts

16 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

What's even more interesting is that someone makes the effort to enter a thread entitled "Peterborough Speedway - Petition" and makes no reference regarding signing or otherwise of same?

Isn’t he something to do with Hans Andersen?

31 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

What's even more interesting is that someone makes the effort to enter a thread entitled "Peterborough Speedway - Petition" and makes no reference regarding signing or otherwise of same?

He has... provided a link to it in the original post

13 minutes ago, iainb said:

...my comment was made in reference to a certain poster who apparently gains great joy in reading my posts! :D

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, iainb said:

Well, I've signed it

• Like 2

The media do not know Speedway but if a rider is caught drink driving, drugs etc they soon find out about it 

• Like 1

Sadly, Peterborough and  Woverhampton will disappear, at least for the foreseeable. Until Speedway gets real and understands the model doesn't work in the 21st century, speedway will continue to decline and disappear. It needs to reinvent itself, but league racing, in its current format, is dead in the water, in my my opinion. 

• Like 4

Currently standing at just over 1100... Wow! Forget it!

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, iainb said:

Currently standing at just over 1100... Wow! Forget it!

That's a shame. Says something really.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, steve roberts said:

That's a shame. Says something really.

The apathy is quite unbelievable!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I've signed this petition and would urge every speedway enthusiast to do the same. People's views on the current state of speedway in this country are not the issue - every possible effort should be made to save one of the sport's finest race tracks, so come on folks, sign - don't just leave it to others!

• Like 3

I've signed the petition. 

I've also messaged the Council's Planning Department to ask them whether AEPGs proposed development meets the requirements of the Local Plan ( specifically LP30 and LP36). 

The Council say they will notify me when AEPG submits a valid Planning application. 

Is anyone from Peterborough speedway coordinating resistance to the developer's plans? 

It would be a great shame if speedway was just allowed to die because the current owner has just accepted it.

Edit: just seen info on a different thread from Mick Bratley that things are happening in the background.  

I wish the best of luck to whoever is leading this. 

Edited by Sir Sidney
  • Like 2

On 8/22/2023 at 4:57 PM, Sir Sidney said:

I've signed the petition. 

I've also messaged the Council's Planning Department to ask them whether AEPGs proposed development meets the requirements of the Local Plan ( specifically LP30 and LP36). 

The Council say they will notify me when AEPG submits a valid Planning application. 

Is anyone from Peterborough speedway coordinating resistance to the developer's plans? 

It would be a great shame if speedway was just allowed to die because the current owner has just accepted it.

Edit: just seen info on a different thread from Mick Bratley that things are happening in the background.  

I wish the best of luck to whoever is leading this. 

Mick has posted the below on Peterborough thread.  It would be great if people can complete and share this everywhere they can:

There are two parts to the planning application.

The documents to the two parts are here: https://planpa.peterborough.gov.uk/online-applications//search.do?action=simple&searchType=Application

Search keyword ‘Showground’ You will see the recently published two applications.

You can submit your objections or comments for the first part here: https://planpa.peterborough.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=makeComment&keyVal=RSOMJ0MLIWV00

You can submit your objections or comments for the second part here:
https://planpa.peterborough.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=makeComment&keyVal=RSXWVDML04U00

The planning portal is not the easiest to navigate, but it is important that Speedway supporters overcome this, read the documents and note that there is no provision for Peterborough Speedway in the planning application, in contravention of the City Councils Local Plan and specifically policy LP30. You can find the adopted Peterborough Local Plan here https://www.peterborough.gov.uk/council/planning-and-development/planning-policies/local-development-plan

The section on the Showground and specifically local policies LP30 and LP36 are very relevant. This is a legal document, if this is not adhered to, what is the point of going to the trouble and expense of producing such a document?

Objections and or comments are welcomed from supporters of all clubs from the U.K. and around the world. The Peterborough City Council need to know and understand the 53 year heritage of Peterborough Panthers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Noodles said:

Mick has posted the below on Peterborough thread.  It would be great if people can complete and share this everywhere they can:

There are two parts to the planning application.

The documents to the two parts are here: https://planpa.peterborough.gov.uk/online-applications//search.do?action=simple&searchType=Application

Search keyword ‘Showground’ You will see the recently published two applications.

You can submit your objections or comments for the first part here: https://planpa.peterborough.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=makeComment&keyVal=RSOMJ0MLIWV00

You can submit your objections or comments for the second part here:
https://planpa.peterborough.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=makeComment&keyVal=RSXWVDML04U00

The planning portal is not the easiest to navigate, but it is important that Speedway supporters overcome this, read the documents and note that there is no provision for Peterborough Speedway in the planning application, in contravention of the City Councils Local Plan and specifically policy LP30. You can find the adopted Peterborough Local Plan here https://www.peterborough.gov.uk/council/planning-and-development/planning-policies/local-development-plan

The section on the Showground and specifically local policies LP30 and LP36 are very relevant. This is a legal document, if this is not adhered to, what is the point of going to the trouble and expense of producing such a document?

Objections and or comments are welcomed from supporters of all clubs from the U.K. and around the world. The Peterborough City Council need to know and understand the 53 year heritage of Peterborough Panthers.

I'll do this today... But I'm wondering if the current petition standing at less that 1,500 signatures could actually do more harm than good. Any developer would surely use this as evidence that there is no appetite for Speedway in Peterborough?

• Thanks 1

Sadly, though petitions are all well and good and I've happily signed it, it's the equivalent of shouting against thunder.  Its money that's needed to fight off the developers, not signatures.  Unless speedway in the UK starts standing up fir itself a little bit more, more clubs will follow Peterborough and Wolves into having to watch from the sidelines