British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Lenny Lion

Leicester vs Wolves 17/8/23

An exciting match in prospect . Wolves come with a fair few riders who seem to like the Leicester track . 

I am intrigued to see how Cook does on home debut for Leicester. So many times he has come as a visiting rider & been a thorn in our side but you watch him score 1 or 2 points when he wears the Lions race jacket.

Looks like Wolves have mixed their riding order up from when the sides met 10 days ago at Monmore Green they have put Douglas at 5 & Schlein at 4 

Leicester

1. Max Fricke

2. Justin Sedgmen

3. Richie Worrall

4. Craig Cook

5. Richard Lawson

6. Jake Allen

7. Drew Kemp

Wolves 

1. Sam Masters

2. Steve Worrall

3. Luke Becker

4. Rory Schlein

5. Ryan Douglas

6. Zach Cook

7. Leon Flint 

Think the lions have the edge in couple of areas, think cook will pull the choke off tonite and pin his ears back, lions need the victory more

56 minutes ago, Spiderman1 said:

Think the lions have the edge in couple of areas, think cook will pull the choke off tonite and pin his ears back, lions need the victory more

Close match ...could go either way ...

Close match. If Leicester hit form then a home win for the lions. I'm feeling a slight lack of enthusiasm for this one for some reason. Maybe it's just the current state of the sport or the constant team changes but either way il be there. Wonder if any bidders have come in ?.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DiveBomb said:

Close match. If Leicester hit form then a home win for the lions. I'm feeling a slight lack of enthusiasm for this one for some reason. Maybe it's just the current state of the sport or the constant team changes but either way il be there. Wonder if any bidders have come in ?.

Tbh it's the way I'm feeling as well, I'm 45 minutes from Poole this week but couldn't be bothered going last night. il watch tonight on BSN but I think il see the season out at Monmore then that's me finished. Don't normally do doom and gloom but can't take it seriously anymore

40 minutes ago, bruno said:

Tbh it's the way I'm feeling as well, I'm 45 minutes from Poole this week but couldn't be bothered going last night. il watch tonight on BSN but I think il see the season out at Monmore then that's me finished. Don't normally do doom and gloom but can't take it seriously anymore

Completely the same. Even my dad who's been a loyal fan for 40+ years needed convincing to go tonight. Very unlike him. Think everyone is fed up as the sport is almost laughable at it's current state. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bruno said:

I bet you'd change your mind if Wolves got a new track and shared with Cradley.

2 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

I bet you'd change your mind if Wolves got a new track and shared with Cradley.

Yup, lol. Tbh even if Wolves got a new track by themselves. I've been following them since the late 90s, longer than I followed Cradley more or less

6 hours ago, bruno said:

You missed a stonking meeting at Poole last night. Great racing, super atmosphere, great crowd, incidents galore. What's not to like?! Oh yes sorry, its Championship racing.

• Like 1

No Craig Cook for Lions, running R/R. 

10 minutes ago, 40-38 said:

No Craig Cook for Lions, running R/R. 

when is the last time he rode?  they seem to be intimating it’s a mental health issue presumably following the incident at Edinburgh?

3 minutes ago, DiveBomb said:

Crappie start for lions and zero chance of passing . Urreggghhhhhzero enthusiasm 

Sorry Wolves can pass Leicester....absolutely rubbish. No wonder I'm slowly getting dis interested in the sport. Crappie tracks along with shameful ownership everywhere.

28 minutes ago, chun said:

when is the last time he rode?  they seem to be intimating it’s a mental health issue presumably following the incident at Edinburgh?

He's just unreliable unfortunately