British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Lenny Lion

Leicester vs Wolves 17/8/23

The performances of Max Fricke seem to act as a barometer which the rest of the side respond to. When he was flying, it was happy days. Now he isn't providing enough heat winners. A no.1 needs to set the standard for the others. Not happening at the moment.

Also, having a key rider whose participation from week to week, can't be guaranteed, can't be helping much. 

Edited by Big Al

1 hour ago, iainb said:

Laguta's available again :D

I think Ippo has the 2 gems. The rest of the big boys don't seen to give one..

12 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I think Ippo has the 2 gems. The rest of the big boys don't seen to give one..

Not so sure about that tbh. Fricke has been excellent for Leicester a real leader. Of the other "big boys" KK was always going to be a failure, Laguta has turned out to be what we all suspected, Pedersen was a major major let down I'll admit and NKI is what NKI is, a 6-7 point man these days

• Like 2

I thought Dickson was an astute team manager, but over looking the opportunity to use Fricke as T/S in heat 5 seemed a mistake. He was not eligible for a R/R ride so this would have been the only opportunity to bring him in as a replacement in this slot. At the end of the night however this matter became irrelevant as the Lions were consistently out gated and were frequently passed even after trapping. Lions have now lost the last two home meetings comfortably and whilst I’m not a fan of the rider revolving door, it will no doubt be in motion again before the transfer cut off.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, iainb said:

Not so sure about that tbh. Fricke has been excellent for Leicester a real leader. Of the other "big boys" KK was always going to be a failure, Laguta has turned out to be what we all suspected, Pedersen was a major major let down I'll admit and NKI is what NKI is, a 6-7 point man these days

JD has said he wants to come back again. Emil has been superb, even if he don't come back. Yes i'll give you Max, for commitment. 

Just now, Bald Bloke said:

JD has said he wants to come back again. Emil has been superb, even if he don't come back. Yes i'll give you Max, for commitment. 

Emil has said he wants to come back too apparently

Just now, iainb said:

Emil has said he wants to come back too apparently

Ippo will need to recruit well if they bring both back..

There’ll be no sanctions against Craig this time as he’s not an Ace. Lewis Kerr did the same thing as he’d  ridden two meetings before the British Final and rode after without any problems. As Craig did, he missed an individual meeting for a none speedway related reason but being in a cartel side there’ll be no penalty imposed. To be honest the ruling in 2017 was purely implemented to stop the then Aces British Champion lining up for the home leg of the KO cup final against a cartel team who ironically now included Rory Schlein. 

Leicester’s Richie Worrall makes the Cook/Aces ruling back in 2017 just look vindictive and you lot let it happen. Actions have consequences - unfortunately. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, ouch said:

There’ll be no sanctions against Craig this time as he’s not an Ace. Lewis Kerr did the same thing as he’d  ridden two meetings before the British Final and rode after without any problems. As Craig did, he missed an individual meeting for a none speedway related reason but being in a cartel side there’ll be no penalty imposed. To be honest the ruling in 2017 was purely implemented to stop the then Aces British Champion lining up for the home leg of the KO cup final against a cartel team who ironically now included Rory Schlein. 

Leicester’s Richie Worrall makes the Cook/Aces ruling back in 2017 just look vindictive and you lot let it happen. Actions have consequences - unfortunately. 

Yawn

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Big Al said:

The performances of Max Fricke seem to act as a barometer which the rest of the side respond to. When he was flying, it was happy days. Now he isn't providing enough heat winners. A no.1 needs to set the standard for the others. Not happening at the moment.

Also, having a key rider whose participation from week to week, can't be guaranteed, can't be helping much. 

Fricke has been much better riding for Leicester this season but often blows hot and cold whether it be in the leagues or the GPs

• Like 1