British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Edinburgh. 20/8/23 Championship 5pm.

3 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

And because its average manipulation ie cheating.

Its also gives them a better chance of a team place next season 

20 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Someone forgot to tell Josh there is no overtaking at Poole! Fair play to him as Steve had a comfortable lead for 2 and a half laps. 

Last night was my first visit to Wimborne Road for 2 years and the track was much, much better than the last time I went.

Josh was riding on the edge of the dirt and pulling out big strides, proving it's not a one line track and that passing is possible. A few getting caught out going too far into the deep stuff though.

Although the scoreline was a bit one sided, Josh, Kye, & Paco gave it a good go, so it wasn't the bore fest that the scoreline suggests.

More Sunday fixtures please! Or Friday :)

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

I'm not sure it does, when was the last time an 8+ heat leader couldn't get a team spot because his average was too high? I'd say it allows his team to be stronger (gets extra matches). For riders on 4-6 point averages, I can totally see how it would help them get a team spot the following season.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

Yeah the Poole haters are on there commenting :t:

Haven't read any of the comments lol

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Is that the gating tart in red 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

https://instagram.com/stories/poolespeedway/3174493127712199302?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=MTc4MmM1YmI2Ng==

Good editing! If any Poole fans not following their Instagram page then you should. Always a lot on there. 

I think this and the D.Mail article are all part of the evidence, if needed, to support the Pirates future with the Council when the stadium availability comes into real focus!!

• Like 2

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2023 at 4:42 PM, TheScotsman said:

Not the plan. 

All Monarchs on a guaranteed minimum so just need to take it easy and let Poole have to dig deep to pay the Poole team. 

Bonus points back in the averages calculations for next season so can't even fiddle the averages. 

So it's a win/win for nearly all of us even if we get hammered. 

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2023 at 11:49 PM, szkocjasid said:

Where has that news come from?

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2023 at 12:30 AM, lisa-colette said:

Richard not going to be happy! 

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2023 at 8:42 AM, lisa-colette said:

At least 45 if including BP! 

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2023 at 9:50 AM, Bagpuss said:

And because its average manipulation ie cheating.

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2023 at 1:44 PM, Arthur54 said:

I do not agree if this is true but this could be the start of little snippets leaked about how the 2024 season will be set up.

Also, as this seasons rolling average has gone back up from 10 to 20, & in the Championship, there is only a maximum of 16 league meetings this year, ALL meetings should count.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, IronScorpion said:

I do not agree if this is true but this could be the start of little snippets leaked about how the 2024 season will be set up.

Also, as this seasons rolling average has gone back up from 10 to 20, & in the Championship, there is only a maximum of 16 league meetings this year, ALL meetings should count.

hence why the cook brothers have such a low ave 

21 minutes ago, Robinh88 said:

Keeping the average down for copious guest bookings.

Hmm, interesting that something from the bike fell off and was on the track then! 

Edited by lisa-colette