British Speedway Forum
Badge

Wolves v Witches Monday 21st Aug

1 hour ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Yeah but they wont if they loose ..Both have matches in hand ...

I know but not mathematically certain, especially the way Leicester are going, they need to make changes and quick otherwise Ipswich will catch them. Leicester still have BV, Ipswich and Wolves away, plus Sheffield at home. To say it would be all over is slightly premature don’t you think?

Edited by Call me wolfie

Witches need the win, its not impossible but will be difficult as Wolves seem to be in decent form, then again they drew at home with Peterborough a few weeks ago so anything is possible!

15 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

I know but not mathematically certain, especially the way Leicester are going, they need to make changes and quick otherwise Ipswich will catch them. Leicester still have BV, Ipswich and Wolves away, plus Sheffield at home. To say it would be all over is slightly premature don’t you think?

I had Leicester down as securing their play off place winning away at Peterborough - that might not happen now! whilst anything is still mathematically possible you have to go all out and try to gain that win!

59 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

I had Leicester down as securing their play off place winning away at Peterborough - that might not happen now! whilst anything is still mathematically possible you have to go all out and try to gain that win!

I think there is a very good chance that Peterborough will win this one. You can be sure Bomber will be fired up and the Panthers overall look a stronger team than the one Leicester faced in Round 1 where the Lions emerged 47 - 43 victors.. Worrall returns to the club from which he was released because of poor home scores and who knows if Craig Cook will be back by then. Also, in Round 1, Basso managed just one point having to withdraw through injury

• Like 1

Just looking forward to seeing Sayfutdinov and Doyle ride, class riders both. From a Wolves perspective the match will be difficult because of these two, but I think we just about have enough in hand to get the win. Having said we have been a little shaky at home in recent matches, so no complacency please Wolves.

I'm desperate for a Witches win to keep the slim playoff hopes alive, but think Wolves have a little too much strength in depth... It's going to need an off night from a couple of Wolves for us to get anything

On 8/19/2023 at 5:20 PM, Baldyman said:

For Witches to win it will take a good night's racing from Rew Riss Hume and Edwards,,,, I think that's just too many of them. Rew is likely to score 0 or 1 ,, Riss is likely to score about 3,,Hume is likely to score 1 or 2,,,just not gonna be enough 

Hmm, Ippo got 41 in the first staging and I have to believe that Riss/Edwards will score more than the four produced in that fixture by Barker/Joe Thompson. Against that, Craig Cook was in for the injured Becker and scored four; one would expect the American to improve on that.

Wolves' recent home form is pretty patchy -- their last five Monmore matches have included a four-point win and two 'victories' via super heat in fixtures where they had the better of the luck that was going. This could be extremely tight.

Straightforwards home win, 50-40.

Should be tight - may well hinge on the ref and the calls on the rollers.......

• Haha 1

Redcar have picked up a couple of decent guests for this meeting by the looks of it.

• Haha 2

Might be close with Doyle having taken on the Hans Andersen maximum man threatometer. Wolves by 4-6. Maybe another Super Heat.

Really enjoyed watching Ipswich ride this year so they've sort of become my adopted team. Just wish this was on TV tonight because it will be close and a lot at stake of course for the Witches. 

Their recent form has re-ignited interest in the play off positions and I hope they keep it going. Come on you Witches!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Baldyman said:

Anyone know who Heeps is spannering for? Or is he in the Witches pits as a hanger on. 

Kenyan- has been all year