British Speedway Forum
Badge

Wolves v Witches Monday 21st Aug

2 minutes ago, tellboy said:

I see the King bashers are out again because of an Ipswich loss.Looking at the highlights it was obviously not just King's fault but probably 3 others as well tonight.The way Ipswich were built once one of the top 2 start dropping points they could be in trouble of losing any meeting,unless you are riding against us of course:D

Justified though because with his experience he should be getting more than 4 points as the third heat leader. 

Edited by SPEEDY69
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, tellboy said:

I see the King bashers are out again because of an Ipswich loss.Looking at the highlights it was obviously not just King's fault but probably 3 others as well tonight.The way Ipswich were built once one of the top 2 start dropping points they could be in trouble of losing any meeting,unless you are riding against us of course:D

King certainly hasn't been  our biggest let down,, he's had a normal Danny season 

Just now, BassoRacingFan said:

Ipswich have wasted a season of Emil.

Not sure you will see him again in Britain.

Blind loyalty to King and Rew has come back to bite them.

And an expensive  one ....

Riss at 2 is crazy.... needs to be at 4 to help King score heat points.

Emil on his own (partnered with Rew ) 

Then helps in 14...

Riders lost / threw away points tonight,  kept 1 of those positions and win was the Witches ...

Oh well..... always next year.

2023 aves tells the story

Hume 3.88

Thompson 3.71

Rew 3.70

Riss 3.73

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut

5 minutes ago, tellboy said:

You would not expect king to lose to flint. He only beat worrall and Becker once each. 

2 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Quite a few cannot understand why year in year out an abject failure creeps into the team then when you understand that his buddy Hawkins that ace manager with a face that looks as though he has kissed too many arses and believes that he will be the making of a championship Ipswich team remains in charge and yet should be put out to grass, preferably just under the  Orwell Bridge. 

24 minutes ago, therefused said:

Was that wolves fans I heard cheering yet again when a rider fell?

Absolutely, clear as a bell when Rew went down. Like somebody said it happens everywhere but always seems much louder at Monmore, perhaps it's because they are particularly vociferous or because everyone stands on one straight. 

Don't like it though, even slide offs can cause injuries.

9 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Absolutely, clear as a bell when Rew went down. Like somebody said it happens everywhere but always seems much louder at Monmore, perhaps it's because they are particularly vociferous or because everyone stands on one straight. 

Whilst I don’t ever condone it - it did mean the Wolves were going to win the meeting and it was fairly clear he wasn’t going to be injured - I agree tho I don’t like it either! 

25 minutes ago, Hawk127 said:

Quite a few cannot understand why year in year out an abject failure creeps into the team then when you understand that his buddy Hawkins that ace manager with a face that looks as though he has kissed too many arses and believes that he will be the making of a championship Ipswich team remains in charge and yet should be put out to grass, preferably just under the  Orwell Bridge. 

‘Kin ell someone’s truly wazzed over yer chips haven’t they! 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, GeneralMelchett said:

‘Kin ell someone’s truly wazzed over yer chips haven’t they! 

Not really. Watched him for too many years promising so much and listening to his hype but failing to deliver and as to why Louis has stuck with him is anyone’s guess but for the Witches to succeed in 2024 they really need to clear out the deadwood and think back to the type of team which has brought success and glory to the to the county town and Suffolk and r3build accordingly assuming that the sport can sort itself out before any tapes up in March/April 2024. 

11 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

As someone who was there, not many cheered (none would have been preferable) and I think you’re right in terms of everyone being relatively close together seemingly lifting the noise level. And I do think fans of all clubs appreciate the difference between an innocuous slide (and I do take your point on injuries here) and a big ‘off’.

Wolves again extremely fortunate to scramble a home win. So much has gone their way in recent tight Monmore fixtures, I’m genuinely astonished that the rain which descended immediately after heat 15 didn’t arrive five minutes earlier and hand them the aggregate bonus point too!

Safe journey home to the Ipswich fans who made the long drive. Watching Doyle and Sayfutdinov is a genuine pleasure, but I was happiest to see Riss looking more his old self.

2 hours ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Riss at 2 is crazy.... needs to be at 4 to help King score heat points.

Emil on his own (partnered with Rew ) 

Then helps in 14...

Riders lost / threw away points tonight,  kept 1 of those positions and win was the Witches ...

Oh well..... always next year.

2023 aves tells the story

Hume 3.88

Thompson 3.71

Rew 3.70

Riss 3.73

That's a good average for a first season rising star. Witches issues are elsewhere. 

1 minute ago, szkocjasid said:

That's a good average for a first season rising star. Witches issues are elsewhere. 

Exactly.... 1 more point scored and he would be 4th in averages.... 4th!!! With an average under 4.:blink:

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Were you at the match? If not how did you hear it ?