British Speedway Forum
Badge

Wolves v Witches Monday 21st Aug

17 minutes ago, Badge said:

Sheffield might be after him, as Gilkes now out :unsure:

I was told about a month ago that Leicester were after him for next season. But now with them up for sale,  i guess Sheffield may well get him in. 

Edited by Bald Bloke

2 hours ago, Baldyman said:

How come Rew never seems to get much said about him,,, he has been a total disaster bar 2 meetings against the poorest of poor opposition. 

Gotta fair point the 2nd half of the season he has disappointed for sure

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Abysmal. Him and the season long struggle with the Riss situation are the two reason’s we’re not in the play offs. Nothing to do with King whatsoever. 

Yep think thats a fair reflection - King has largely done the job expected and needed of him!

6 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

Gotta fair point the 2nd half of the season he has disappointed for sure

Yep think thats a fair reflection - King has largely done the job expected and needed of him!

I think Rew was cut a bit of slack first half of the season after coming back from a pre season injury and riding fresh tracks he hadn't seen before, he doesn't really have any excuse for his poor scores now tbf, he's generally been very disappointing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kevin bass said:

I'm not sure if Boughen can ride in top league as a RS, i saw on another thread he'll be assessed as a 2 pointer which only allows him to ride in Championship, don't think you can ride in the top league unless your a 3 pointer or higher, that's what i read anyway.

Not sure about that rule or not rule myself,, but didn't King's Lynn have a 2 pointer either start of this season or last. 

Rew has been disappointing. I feel if he had a championship place as well he may have improved but as it stands now I would not have him back next season. Especially if he is on a 5 point assessed average rather than his actual average. 

1 minute ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Rew has been disappointing. I feel if he had a championship place as well he may have improved but as it stands now I would not have him back next season. Especially if he is on a 5 point assessed average rather than his actual average. 

Think he would be 4 next year? Even then,, how many times has he even scored that 

1 minute ago, Baldyman said:

Think he would be 4 next year? Even then,, how many times has he even scored that 

I think he will be on his true average should he return next season. The '4 point' ruling I believe is for this season only.

2 minutes ago, tocha said:

I think he will be on his true average should he return next season. The '4 point' ruling I believe is for this season only.

He was assessed at 5 but an Aussie can't go below 4 I think

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kevin bass said:

I'm not sure if Boughen can ride in top league as a RS, i saw on another thread he'll be assessed as a 2 pointer which only allows him to ride in Championship, don't think you can ride in the top league unless your a 3 pointer or higher, that's what i read anyway.

Boughen has been named as a new rider in the list wef. 21.6.23 and on an average of 3.00

https://britishspeedway.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/rising_stars_issue1.pdf

Ok, nobody i doubt will be interested. But in the light of what happened to the photographer at Edinburgh several weeks ago all
tracks have imposed restrictions.
Meaning in most cases photographers cannot access areas ie dog tracks nor behind airfences. (centre greens only)
Right, i am sticking up for ALL club  photographers, on Monday night at this meeting there were TWO women marshalls stood on the greyhound track
at the entrance to turn one right by the dog rail approx 4 ft from the fence. Both women did the same at various intervals at the meeting.
Now if clubs want to impose restrictions it should be for all and not just the few.
If a rider had lost control of his bike and the bike flew over the fence niether women would have stood no chance.
They may have signed waivers, but all photographers signed waivers and have public liabillity cover.
This is plain to see on the Eurosport coverage clips.
Now in the defence of club photographers this has been noted..
I do hope somebody OFFICIAL  reads this  !!

Edited by Starman2006

we have all seen bikes fly across center green areas as well so nobody should be on center area., all in the interests of safety. in fact everybody should be wrapped up in cotton wool. eh we are nearly there.:shock:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Baldyman said:

He was assessed at 5 but an Aussie can't go below 4 I think

On re-checking I believe you are right. Although I cannot find anything specific in the regs I notice that Jake Allen and Zach Cook have been locked on 4 point averages for periods of time this season.

On 8/22/2023 at 5:38 PM, Call me wolfie said:

The trouble is being the 3rd heat leader some expect him to perform like the other 2 which was never going to happen

No. At the start of the season King raised his own hopes, and hasn't responded.  Fair enough that he's much or a muchness, alongside other such riders, but I'm sure even King himself would accept that he's not done as well as expected.