British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough v Sheffield - 21st Aug

4 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Would of thought there would of been something said during the meeting about the showground situation unless they were told to say nothing at this stage , Nicholls asked Wojdylo if he wanted to comeback again next year , but suppose he could of meant to the Uk and not specifically Peterborough 

It's obviously an editorial decision not to mention it, can't think why though, like the crafty camera angles to make it look like there's a decent crowd in... it's such a sham

10 minutes ago, Dornier said:

Which rider didn't turn up ?

Ellis for one I would think.Think that’s why he gets so much stick in GB.

22 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

Was just about to say the same - Emil does the same of course!

That said re the pronunciation thing surely a bit of prep and asking the rider so how do you pronounce your name might be in order - Polish isn’t an easy language for us in the U.K. but writing it out phonetically would be a start - I was most surprised to see that Łódź is pronounced ‘wuj’ and I actually only learned that from a travel Tv show! 

Isn't Emils nickname,,, the Russian Rocket 

6 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Ellis for one I would think.Think that’s why he gets so much stick in GB.

No denying 0000 is a dud score - however take away Woffinden and it would have been an absolute pasting! Need Tobias back for sure - but Jacks return means no Tai?

Edited by GeneralMelchett
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Isn't Emils nickname,,, the Russian Rocket 

Hang on you Ippo boys going all Poole on us and hijacking the thread , 

At least we helped you get a point closer to Sheffield 

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, iainb said:

It's obviously an editorial decision not to mention it, can't think why though, like the crafty camera angles to make it look like there's a decent crowd in... it's such a sham

Was always going to be a lower attendance ,

But then again at one point before statrf of ht14 i think the cameraman was filming in between two peoples shoulders was that giving fhe impression that fans were packed in tight like sardines as well

1 hour ago, JoeW436 said:

The used car salesman is here tonight, I can see the floodlights glinting off his teeth at T1

Glory hunter:) You was on a win. Lets see where he is come the start of next season.

Edited by Bald Bloke

8 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Hang on you Ippo boys going all Poole on us and hijacking the thread , 

At least we helped you get a point closer to Sheffield 

Sorry,,, but I watched it on TV,,, far more interesting than following ipswich on updates,, 

Well done Panthers Hope Busters boy rides for Lynn next season. @ Wojdylo

Edited by Bald Bloke

21 minutes ago, iainb said:

There was a very decent crowd tonight, probably the biggest since the season opener. Considering it was on TV and we are bottom of the league, it was an excellent turn out.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mick Bratley said:

There was a very decent crowd tonight, probably the biggest since the season opener. Considering it was on TV and we are bottom of the league, it was an excellent turn out.

It did look very good on TV.

can we define decent 1k, 1.5k 2k? as Brucie used to say Higher?

8 minutes ago, Mick Bratley said:

Fair enough, you was there and I wasn't,  I've been to most this season at Peterborough and it certainly didn't look like one of the biggest crowds, certainly not as many as for the recent Ippo meeting... or the Leicester match

Edited by iainb

2 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

I would say when there were 3 sections of the main stand closed and big gaps in those that were open 1k would be excellent

2 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

Stand holds 2k i think? So 1400 and the rest 300, so a good 1700 hundred plus i would say. Excellent for a TV meeting. Maybe the fans are making the most of it while they can.