British Speedway Forum
Bojangles

Championship Pairs - Sep 1st

8 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Unfortunately he has history off throwing in the towel during a meeting or doesn’t make the gate.Binning him wouldn’t do the Brummies any harm given their predicament now.Poor show especially with the cameras there.

Don`t disagree with you, thing is there will be a promoter somewhere that is desperate or daft enough to sign Batchelor in the belief that they can manage him back to former glories.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, screm said:

Don`t disagree with you, thing is there will be a promoter somewhere that is desperate or daft enough to sign Batchelor in the belief that they can manage him back to former glories.

I’d rather see a youngster trailing round last and giving it go than him taking my hard earned money for just turning up when he feels like it.

• Like 8

On 9/1/2023 at 11:40 PM, iainb said:

It still is tyre changes... any idea why tyre changes were back in vogue tonight while it was in the rules for the CLRC but was ignored?

Just 22 minutes between Heat 18 & Semi Final 1

I know there was a controversy about the coin toss before the final, and yes my team lost the toss, to the team who I fancied to win overall, but surely a simple rule change would solve the problem, it is. The team who score most points on reaching the final has the choice of gate positions in the final. Simples.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Coraldon said:

I know there was a controversy about the coin toss before the final, and yes my team lost the toss, to the team who I fancied to win overall, but surely a simple rule change would solve the problem, it is. The team who score most points on reaching the final has the choice of gate positions in the final. Simples.

But everyone didn't race against everyone. Glasgow had beaten Poole Oxford and Redcar in the qualifying heats. And took maximum points from their one heat against one of the weaker teams 

• Like 4

On 9/2/2023 at 3:41 PM, screm said:

But Batchelor doesn't need to reach his former glories to help a team. A struggling team with 8 points available is better off signing a 6.5 Batchelor even if he only scores 5 points than a 2.00 newbie (which some are suggesting)

I asked this last week, but may have got lost mid meeting.
Question for Oxford fans. In the Joey Beauchamp bar there are two photos from the 80's. One is Hans Nielsen, Jimmy Nilsen & Troy Butler who is the other Robin.   The other is assume a Sheffield rider leading Andy Grahame. Who is the rider in the Tigers race jacket. Is that Kelly Moran?

Edited by Col

17 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

But Batchelor doesn't need to reach his former glories to help a team. A struggling team with 8 points available is better off signing a 6.5 Batchelor even if he only scores 5 points than a 2.00 newbie (which some are suggesting)

He will cost a lot more than 2 point newbie though for not a lot of effort for his 5points,probably earning decent money.