British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
StarBoy

King's Lynn Vs Belle Vue 24th August

47 minutes ago, JoeW436 said:

I’ve been critical Robert Lamberts race craft when coming from the back but it sounds like he pulled one out the bag in heat 15 tonight. He’s as quick as just about anyone when out at the front.

I’ve always had a very high opinion of him - I had a disagreement with some Sheffield fans a few seasons ago when Lambert was riding for Newcastle - they were crowing as Jason Garrity had scored a full max and Lambert had scored 11 or maybe 12 on his Owlerton debut - I said let’s compare in 5 years!!!

well done stars - that must have felt good to win that - gotta feel for the Panthers they finally hail themselves off the bottom position for this to happen! Sport -  bl00dy hell! 

Edited by GeneralMelchett
  • Like 1

Lynn will still finish bottom.

After an awful season to be a season ticket holder, that felt good. Missed the win vs Wolves so last time I saw Lynn win was in May!

Sure if we rode tonight’s meeting 100 times with those line-ups, we’d lose 99 of them, but tonight was that miraculous 1.

The reserves were magnificent, not just getting the better of the Aces pairing, but picking up vital points against Brennan and Wright. 

Robert was simply sensational, rode his nuts off in what was effectively a meaningless meeting. 

I know it’s unlikely but praying Robert chooses the UK over Sweden in 2024. 

• Like 2

We just need those 6 numbers Speedball to get him here for sure next season:party:.He was pure class last night wasn't he,and an absolute joy to watch.Just need another 3 riders to join him.

• Like 1

Fantastic win last night congratulations to the Stars against all the odds .

Don’t know where that came from but

could happily watch that on a regular 

basis.  The Lambert / Bewley duels were

superb. Brilliant support from Rowe and 

Simon L.  Great atmosphere as a result.

Vital few points picked up by MPT and 

Jordan Jenkins. Hope Emil Breum is ok

as looked a nasty one.

• Like 1

Fantastic meeting, and it was difficult to pick your own rider of the night. Robert Lambert, Simon Lambert & Anders Rowe were all worthy of it.

Seeing Robert along with Tai and Emil Sayfutdinov recently, it really brings it home to me/us, what we've been missing (I know Emil has been here all season), they are all sheer class and a joy to watch.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, tellboy said:

He also had a great race with Kurtz in ht13,and also lined Bewley up beautifully in ht 6 having to come from behind on about lap 2/3.I reckon his win in ht15 may have been the fastest this season 58.28,unsure but if he had gated instead of coming through traffic it may have been below 58 seconds.He certainly did make the fans go home happy tonight.As well as the 2 reserves having some excellent races,plus Jenkins made an all important pass on Blodorn.

On a negative note was Allitt there tonight,I didn't see him.If he wasn't shame on him as he is down as joint promoter.

And why was Allitt in the Peterborough pits at last weeks televised meeting? Surely they are the opposition. Can't see that happening with a football manager!

9 minutes ago, Bunce said:

And why was Allitt in the Peterborough pits at last weeks televised meeting? Surely they are the opposition. Can't see that happening with a football manager!

Watch out, the Allitt fan boys will be out defending him soon

Edited by therefused

53 minutes ago, Bunce said:

Had to be seen on TV,very poor from him not to be at Lynn.I just thought I didn't see him last night,but he does like to be seen by one and all,centre of attention thats why i assumed he wasnt there.Time Buster started with an entire clear out,and  not just the riders.

• Like 3

Who needs these GP riders lol 

• Like 1

It was quite funny to read the many pre-match comments about how poorly Lynn would do.

Credit to the ones who came out & said "I was wrong"

6 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

It was quite funny to read the many pre-match comments about how poorly Lynn would do.

Credit to the ones who came out & said "I was wrong"

I was one,no doubt many didn't make comments who thought Lynn would lose.I would say 99.9% of people who follow speedway thought Lynn would lose.But you couldn't see the Belle Vue reserves being so awful,and Lynn's being so good on the night.

• Like 1

On 8/24/2023 at 11:30 PM, Speedball said:

After an awful season to be a season ticket holder, that felt good. Missed the win vs Wolves so last time I saw Lynn win was in May!

Sure if we rode tonight’s meeting 100 times with those line-ups, we’d lose 99 of them, but tonight was that miraculous 1.

The reserves were magnificent, not just getting the better of the Aces pairing, but picking up vital points against Brennan and Wright. 

Robert was simply sensational, rode his nuts off in what was effectively a meaningless meeting. 

I know it’s unlikely but praying Robert chooses the UK over Sweden in 2024. 

On his insta he put see you next season Sweden so he deffo plans on doing Sweden sadly.