British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tocha

Sheffield v Wolves R1

6 minutes ago, Steve55 said:

It's not down to the fans to to speak to the riders about their performance, what sort of chaos would that bring. It's down to the team manager and from what I saw and heard after the meeting Steady had some harsh but honest words with Adam and rightly so.

Adam has been a top performer in the Sheffield team for two seasons previous to this one, not all Sheffield fans want him out, they just want him to show what he can do and has done for the previous two years and if that's not happening let them know why it's not,  .... just be honest. 

What more do you want him to say?

He's said numerous times that his forms not what he'd expect here whilst he's going well in Europe. Everyone can see the scores and knows they're not what fans, management, or Adam would hope for.

Anyone who's been to meetings has seen him running laps afterwards trying to figure it out.

You surely wouldn't fault his effort.

It's frustrating as a fan but they're not robots. That's why it's worth watching. Does my nut in folk crying out for people to get the sack.

Adam could be the bargain of the league on his average next season

57 minutes ago, RBThirdbend said:

What more do you want him to say?

He's said numerous times that his forms not what he'd expect here whilst he's going well in Europe. Everyone can see the scores and knows they're not what fans, management, or Adam would hope for.

Anyone who's been to meetings has seen him running laps afterwards trying to figure it out.

You surely wouldn't fault his effort.

It's frustrating as a fan but they're not robots. That's why it's worth watching. Does my nut in folk crying out for people to get the sack.

Could it be that his better equipment is abroad?just a thought.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, RBThirdbend said:

Yeah, and if you've been to meetings recently and heard the talk on the terraces, that's the story going around that it's a deliberate ploy to get it down for next season!

Having been to all but one home meeting this season when was he out after trying to sort things out with his machinery? I don't recollect seeing him, but if he was then fairplay to him.

3 minutes ago, Steve55 said:

Yeah, and if you've been to meetings recently and heard the talk on the terraces, that's the story going around that it's a deliberate ploy to get it down for next season!

Having been to all but one home meeting this season when was he out after trying to sort things out with his machinery? I don't recollect seeing him, but if he was then fairplay to him.

If your already  in the play offs why bump your ave up 4 next season  with big wins ...makes sence ...

4 minutes ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

If your already  in the play offs why bump your ave up 4 next season  with big wins ...makes sence ...

Just a thought but maybe every rider should consider the paying public and go out in every race to win, putting the upmost effort into it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Sheffield aren't guaranteed a playoff place yet, plus might it be to fit in at another club? However that's all terrace talk and don't mean anything tbh. It's just that he's a more than your average rider and his results on the continent far out way what he's been producing over here. Then there's been all the palarva this week, which I thought the 'wise old owl' Pete Adams might have noticed and made some representations, which might yet prove to be the case.

1 hour ago, Moranboys said:

Could it be that his better equipment is abroad?just a thought.

Could it be that the rewards in Poland are higher?

1 hour ago, Steve55 said:

I have heard that. However, I tend to assume they're talking &£&£. After the Peterborough rain off early in the meeting their were folk talking about how the riders were "puzzled" at the cancellation as we were coming away. We'd been stood near the pits and you could see and hear them telling people how dangerous it was.

I also can't imagine a rider deliberately giving up points money on a regular basis.

As for the machinery there were certainly two nights when we've watched home doing laps after the meeting.

I get it's frustrating. I just think Adam's probably frustrated too.

7 hours ago, Moranboys said:

Could it be that his better equipment is abroad? just a thought.

5 hours ago, RBThirdbend said:

Could it be that the rewards in Poland are higher?

If you get paid twice as much in Poland (no idea what the difference is) it would make sense to use your best equipment there

• Like 2

14 hours ago, nw42 said:

Just a thought but maybe every rider should consider the paying public and go out in every race to win, putting the upmost effort into it. 

Doesnt work like that im afraid...

8 hours ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Doesnt work like that im afraid...

Very cynical attitude, I would have thought that, with most riders paid per point, they would want to maximise their earnings. After all there’s not much opportunity left for them.

3 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

Very cynical attitude, I would have thought that, with most riders paid per point, they would want to maximise their earnings. After all there’s not much opportunity left for them.

The riders wouldnt  loose out and an extra home meeting at least ..

2 minutes ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

The riders wouldnt  loose out and an extra home meeting at least ..

?????   Strange logic, they’ve much more chance of extra home meetings if they win, not if they lose

1 minute ago, Call me wolfie said:

?????   Strange logic, they’ve much more chance of extra home meetings if they win, not if they lose

Leicester win....keep up ...both will reach play offs ...

Just now, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Leicester win....keep up ...both will reach play offs ...

You keep saying that but as yet neither have qualified unless you know something I don’t. Let’s say as you suggest, Sheffield throw this, in the meantime Tobi gets injured in Poland today and then Tai tomorrow. Sheffield are screwed. Don’t say that’s highly unlikely, it’s speedway and it happens many times, remember 2017?

Take the points while you can then when you’ve qualified you can start to play funny games. Also pretty sure neither team will want to finish 4th.