British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Birmingham 30/8/23 Championship

Ben Cook take a bow. 15 point maximum and untouchable tonight. Didn’t matter if he gated or not. Brother Zach excellent as well nntil a blip in heat 15 when in third sent him to the back. All pirates rode well and Richard Lawson said during the meeting he is suffering from the effects of the crash at Redcar still. Steve Worrall taking it easy so he rides in the British GP on Saturday. 

Both reserves did well. Rowe goes back to number 2 for the playoffs. Joe Thomson an upgrade of the injured Adam. Next up Edinburgh away next Wednesday which we must win if we are to finish top.

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Ben Cook take a bow. 15 point maximum and untouchable tonight. Didn’t matter if he gated or not. Brother Zach excellent as well nntil a blip in heat 15 when in third sent him to the back. All pirates rode well and Richard Lawson said during the meeting he is suffering from the effects of the crash at Redcar still. Steve Worrall taking it easy so he rides in the British GP on Saturday. 

Both reserves did well. Rowe goes back to number 2 for the playoffs. Joe Thomson an upgrade of the injured Adam. Next up Edinburgh away next Wednesday which we must win if we are to finish top.

And turn into a Glasgow fan next Friday Steve ;)

Edit - Joe T is getting better at Poole every week, gating is improving as well. Done well to hold off Sam Hagon a few times too. 

Edited by lisa-colette

TOP OF THE LEAGUE

Ben was sublime with a 15point max

Joe did more than his job again with 5+2(4)

And I won the sweepstake again with me predict-ometer saying 57-33!

Wots not to like? :D

C'MON THE BOYZZZZZ :t:

.........must av a go on the Euro millions! :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robinh88 said:

Good to see Lawson and Worrall going missing in Heat 13. I would bet this will not happen in the playoffs but I maybe totally wrong.

Don't forget it is a gaters track though!!!

1 hour ago, Robinh88 said:

Good to see Lawson and Worrall going missing in Heat 13. I would bet this will not happen in the playoffs but I maybe totally wrong.

The meeting was dead and buried by then, Lawson carrying an injury and Worrall mind on other things i would think 

• Like 1

Also Brum suffered from not having Nick Morris as he is good at Poole. Got 11+1 in Swindon meeting and Pickering got 5+1 tonight. 

3 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

The meeting was dead and buried by then, Lawson carrying an injury and Worrall mind on other things i would think 

Keeping their job next season will be on their minds.Lawson has perfected it over the years.Harris had perfected it up till this season,where he is rattling in the points obviously getting payed by the point this time round at Ashfield.

• Like 1

Wonder wot odds Stewart Dickson would be given on both Lions & Brummies reaching the play offs? :D

I'd say it would be very odd! :rofl:

10 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Steve .......... DON'T take the 'P' out of Joe Thompson!!! :D

Edited by lbw

Just beat me to it after reading the updates & this thread, I noted down that heat 5 or 9 would be put on here.:o  Why? Obvious to anyone. :rolleyes: 

15 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

But to be honest Steve, you cannot complain with what young Thompson has done since his arrival . He's more than done his job.