British Speedway Forum
SharpenRake

Glasgow V Oxford Championship - Friday 8 September 2023 - 7.30pm

On 9/9/2023 at 6:49 AM, Cast1rn said:

What have the failed (none negative )drugs/alcoholic tests got to do with how the sports performing.

I work in an industry where we are tested, is it the companies fault if idiots break the rules and get caught? 

Withholding services? Happens in every sport, want a transfer but the managers not letting you go ? 

The difference being they have squad systems that can replace defective or ineffective players.

These have got to be some of the most ridiculous comments i've heard on this forum recently and for your post to get so many likes suggests to me that most on here don't know what a crisis British speedway is facing right now.

Have you any idea of how many eligible riders there are in the Championship and if many more get suspended there will not be anywhere near enough to go round? YOUR place of work can hire any monkey to do your job as there are 127,000 unemployed people in Scotland to replace  you with but there are a VERY LIMITED number of riders who can make up the teams in the Championship (especially heat leaders). 

And yes IT IS your companies fault for idiots breaking the rules, they hired them and that's why they have enquiries and also hold train companies liable if a driver turns up drunk and ends up steering a train into a ditch killing all onboard. 

I noticed you didn't say anything about the number of clubs on the verge of going to the wall or not having anywhere to ride next season (Peterborough/Edinburgh/Poole etc). Is this not a sign of "how the sport is performing" or is this a positive thing in your mind?

Edited by Nickinho
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

place of work can hire any monkey

Ah... you've seen Dayle Wood ride then :D

3 hours ago, Noelinho said:

I'm just amazed you've managed to post so much so quickly since you joined. My first two comments took two months to get approved :D

I actually joined just after I purchased the CLRC on BSN, so I could watch and discuss it, but noticed my posts required approval, so reached-out to admin who kindly sorted it.:D

1 hour ago, David said:

Good effort with the times, but have corrected them to 2 decimal places as we have the technology :D

My handwriting was too big for the box for each heat’s time in the programme, so I stuck to one decimal place.:D

On that note, I’ve got a bone to pick with the stadium announcer at Ashfield who caused my programme to look like a scribbling mess.:D

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nickinho said:

YOUR place of work can hire any monkey to do your job as there are 127,000 unemployed people in Scotland to replace  you 

Good to see you switching to personal attacks :rofl:

As long as those monkeys have the qualifications to replace me, but unfortunately would take 6 years and 4 years at big person school to legally be able to replace me. But yep your right if they start now and pass everything they'll be good to go for 2033.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bojangles said:

I'm afraid it is. Narcissism means to have an excessive self image/self-importance. Anyway, I'm sure you could argue about all day about it even though you're wrong.

Fact is, nobody believes you are new here (let alone the fact you've only just gone to your first meeting in years - as you like to tell everybody), so just do yourself a favour and drop the act. Nobody comes on to a forum for the first time and posts almost 100 times in just two weeks and argues with all the members who post regularly (amongst other things already mentioned). Nobody sane anyway.

I’m astounded that “Cabbageman”/“Barabus” hasn’t commented on this thread……

Edited by ragdoll64
  • Haha 2