British Speedway Forum
LagutaRacingFan

Panthers vs Lions - Thursday 7th September

2 minutes ago, Stiltonpanther said:

Never thought

I would say 58-32 was a good meeting but it was. All Ipswich fans should come on here and say well done Panthers.

More helpful if they all went on Peterborough  County Council site and raised an objection as a thank you

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Like 7

After that result tonight I bet Busters looking forward to bringing his Stars team to the showground .

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Stiltonpanther said:

Never thought I would say 58-32 was a good meeting but it was. All Ipswich fans should come on here and say well done Panthers.

Well done panthers and thank you 

7 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

More helpful if they all went on Peterborough  County Council site and raised an objection as a thank you

Objected to both applications, as did my father and a friend :t:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

20 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Objected to both applications, as did my father and a friend :t:

am going to do this too! Peterborough could easily have said nothing doing tonight and just poodled about for a 46-44 or something but the integrity of the sport has come out well tonight!

Its a real 'what if' for Peterborough really - this squad have impacted the playoffs but had they had this squad all season they could have been in them too!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Why wouldnt they be?

They weren't for the pairs

30 minutes ago, Stiltonpanther said:

Never thought I would say 58-32 was a good meeting but it was. All Ipswich fans should come on here and say well done Panthers.

Well done Peterborough and especially Tarasenko. 

Fricke looked to be looking after Lawson but then left him for dead... why didn't he look and see where his "mate" was and messed up Tarasenko. Had nothing to lose

• Like 1

Really enjoyed the meeting despite the scoreline but obviously so much hanging on the bonus point. Commiserations to Leicester but I think most neutrals, including me, would rather see Ipswich in the playoffs with the likes of JD and Emil etc.

Definitely some mouth watering semis coming up!

Laguta was pure class tonight, unstoppable!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tinker said:

Really enjoyed the meeting despite the scoreline but obviously so much hanging on the bonus point. Commiserations to Leicester but I think most neutrals, including me, would rather see Ipswich in the playoffs with the likes of JD and Emil etc.

Definitely some mouth watering semis coming up!

Agree , but also think most neutrals would want to see a Belle Vue , Ipswich final which sadly were going to be denied 

14 minutes ago, batters said:

Well, he won’t be lining up for Peterborough next year will he? This goes against everything I think about him as a rider, but something seemed off tonight, watch closely on a rerun of the meeting and his throttle hand….

Could his contract with Leicester have included a play off bonus? Does speedway do that? 

Interestingly I got told off for shouting my disapproval tonight. Apparently we’re not meant to say something is rubbish when it is. No wonder this sport is dying. There’s no passion at all. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BassoRacingFan said:

The Laguta haters are silent tonight.

The bloke is a world champion, he floats around the track. 

He made Max Fricke look like a National League rider.

For once you weren't talking bobbins either! :cheers:

Well done to Peterborough for getting all the points tonight Leicester were not fast enough on track personally I would have put Kerr in 15 as he was able to hold the tight lines on the inside and looked faster than Lawson.

You have to think as well looking back over previous score I think Richie Worrall would have scored more than 3 points tonight that would have made the difference.

I still say the failure this season has been the home losses to Ipswich and Wolves