British Speedway Forum
davieb1

Richie Worrall statement

Does the 2 year suspension just apply to first offences? If Boxall has failed to provide a negative specimen for a second time is there a possibility he will face a lengthier ban?  

1 hour ago, wtf said:

It would certainly seem from their statement that the ban length was a compromise to cover up the fact that the procedures were not followed to the letter in a quid pro quo.

From the solicitors website: Evidence for both parties was put forward and the SCB failed to call the person who carried out the drug test. This denied us the opportunity to cross-examine her on the procedures followed that day.‘

i find it strange that SCB did not call the tester as a witness. Why would that happen?

5 minutes ago, FromBendThree said:

From the solicitors website: Evidence for both parties was put forward and the SCB failed to call the person who carried out the drug test. This denied us the opportunity to cross-examine her on the procedures followed that day.‘

i find it strange that SCB did not call the tester as a witness. Why would that happen?

Because they are incompetent???

• Like 4

Out of interest who actually carries out the test, is it the medical people in attendance or the referee or an independent person employed solely to do the test.  Also how do they choose who to test, anyone know?

1 hour ago, hammer1969 said:

Out of interest who actually carries out the test, is it the medical people in attendance or the referee or an independent person employed solely to do the test.  Also how do they choose who to test, anyone know?

Somebody independent. Not sure of selection process.

• Thanks 1

On 9/12/2023 at 1:47 PM, hammer1969 said:

An employee of this company   https://racoo.co.uk/

• Thanks 1

On 9/12/2023 at 1:23 PM, FromBendThree said:

That was Ben Barker's case.   Nothing to do with Boxall or Worrall.

57 minutes ago, PotteringAround said:

That was Ben Barker's case.   Nothing to do with Boxall or Worrall.

My comment was made earlier in thread and was a reply to a comment which was about Ben Barker

On 9/12/2023 at 9:50 AM, noaksey said:

They don't announce what the substances are, see Ben Barker SCB statements 

That is an interesting one - I wonder why not? Paul Pogba in football has failed a recent drugs test and straight away it’s been reported what he’s taken and what it the effects can be.

8 hours ago, Najjer said:

That is an interesting one - I wonder why not? Paul Pogba in football has failed a recent drugs test and straight away it’s been reported what he’s taken and what it the effects can be.

what were the effects of what he had taken, ?

4 hours ago, DazS said:

Performance enhancing.

7 minutes ago, M.D said:

Performance enhancing.

A clear lack of evidence there though!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, DazS said:

Does it matter what was taken or how it was taken. The rules are in place to protect the individual and or those around them , other riders or spectators. 

• Haha 1

they are not protecting anyone. they want you to believe they are.speedway is a dangerous sport, the lads do it because they want to and you watch it because you want to. i am still looking for a drug related accident in speedway.