British Speedway Forum
davieb1

Richie Worrall statement

3 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Of course it did..!! They will be telling us who spiked the drink next!!!!

Probably spiked by one of those pigs that flew over !:D

2 minutes ago, iainb said:

He'll have to get another job then... just like a delivery driver would if they lost their licence

Yes, they would certainly have their licence suspended if they had cocaine in their system while driving in the course of their employment.

2 minutes ago, eric i said:

9 months from september 5th so Worral will be signing for someone on june 5th?

I don’t think he will find it that easy . At 33 years old next June his career is more likely to go down than up. He will have to find a club that can fit his average in and take a bit of a chance on him, especially as by June others will be race fit and he won’t.  He might get in somewhere perhaps as a temporary signing to cover injuring but might well have to go to a club a track that doesn’t suit him. The repercussions will probably go beyond the period of his suspension and hit his pocket in more ways than one.

2 hours ago, AceBelle said:

so Morris gets 2xyear ban no test taken?  worrall 9mth basically? being guilty of cocaine?? Doesn't add up to me ?

Wouldn't even say 9 month most of the ban is covered by off season pathetic really 

Edited by mc131
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, mc131 said:

Wouldn't even say 9 month most of the ban is covered by off season pathetic really 

It stops him riding in aussie if he wanted to unlikely I know but that's  why 

36 minutes ago, E I Addio said:

I don’t think he will find it that easy . At 33 years old next June his career is more likely to go down than up. He will have to find a club that can fit his average in and take a bit of a chance on him, especially as by June others will be race fit and he won’t.  He might get in somewhere perhaps as a temporary signing to cover injuring but might well have to go to a club a track that doesn’t suit him. The repercussions will probably go beyond the period of his suspension and hit his pocket in more ways than one.

If he can't act like a responsible adult/professional sportsman at 33 years old, time for him and any potential employer to move on I would have thought,  or is it just me....

He needs to sign for a club with a tight track so can hug the white line 

• Haha 8
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, orion said:

:D

4 minutes ago, gazzac said:

If he can't act like a responsible adult/professional sportsman at 33 years old, time for him and any potential employer to move on I would have thought,  or is it just me....

Potential employer? So, never be allowed to work again ever anywhere? This is the next level from those who want a lifetime ban from speedway. Maybe rethink that in the cold light of day.

1 minute ago, orion said:

Very good :D

2 minutes ago, orion said:

Maybe that’s the reason he signed for Plymouth.

15 minutes ago, gazzac said:

Agreed 

Silly boy and an even sillier punishment but it doesnt mean career over. Frankie Smart got 18

months and missed a full season and a half and came back better than ever before. 

21 minutes ago, fatface said:

Potential employer? So, never be allowed to work again ever anywhere? This is the next level from those who want a lifetime ban from speedway. Maybe rethink that in the cold light of day.

I meant a potential employer in speedway not outside of it. I don't know him personally and he maybe able to rectify his misdemeanor and come back clean and stronger, was just saying he's not a 17 year old who hasn't lived yet and needs to grow up, must have known the consequences in failing a test and perhaps if hasn't learnt that at 33 years old not a good scenario for all concerned in the speedway pressure cooker.