British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
scoobydoo

Peterborough v Wolverhampton 11/09/23

12 hours ago, BassoRacingFan said:

What nonsense.

Laguta is 100% committed to the Panthers. 

Spoke too soon !:rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, BassoRacingFan said:

What nonsense.

You were saying :rofl:

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, JoeW436 said:

I can see where Wrocław are coming from with Lublin being back to full strength and then losing Janowski yesterday to a broken ankle but I’d just rather everyone involved was straight up and say rather than feeding us BS.

Like Redcar with Wright

36 minutes ago, StarBoy said:

Laguta back to his old tricks again, just in different colours now. Only managed to do 3 meetings before missing one, worse than at Lynn. 

"Ankle injury". Seemed fine on Thursday and didn't look like it was falling off yesterday. 

But is it Laguta himself making this choice?   If I were the owner of KL Stars and he messed me about would I then sign him and give him a Teamplace in the team of the other Club I owned?   Only someone stupid or with some financial gain would do that.   As Mimmo says Laguta knew the score last Thursday with his long salute to the Grandstand - makes sense now - I did wonder at the time!    If he knew then in my opinion others also knew ie: Owner, Team Manager maybe Team Captain etc. etc.  Doubtless the truth of the matter will ever come out - well not officially anyway!!!!

• Like 1

I don't blame Wroclaw for not wanting Laguta to ride in a dead rubber. However, Wroclaw should be compensating Panthers as no Laguta will have a negative impact on the crowd.

Leicester fans will be overjoyed if Lawson gets double figures 

Lawson has taken over from Harris as the go to guest favourite, his 4th guest booking in 4 days and he had Saturday night off !!

33 minutes ago, maneacat said:

But is it Laguta himself making this choice?   If I were the owner of KL Stars and he messed me about would I then sign him and give him a Teamplace in the team of the other Club I owned?   Only someone stupid or with some financial gain would do that.   As Mimmo says Laguta knew the score last Thursday with his long salute to the Grandstand - makes sense now - I did wonder at the time!    If he knew then in my opinion others also knew ie: Owner, Team Manager maybe Team Captain etc. etc.  Doubtless the truth of the matter will ever come out - well not officially anyway!!!!

Given the injuries to the Sparta Wroclaw riders of late its no surprise that Laguta has been "persuaded" he may have an injury and to rest tonight.

• Like 1

Still a Panthers win. I'll go 52-38.

Transparency is needed on the Laguta situation. It's either Laguta himself , his Polish club, or there's  something written in his contract with Buster allowing this to happen.  

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 3

Personally I think Wroclaw have put a stop to Laguta riding after the incidents they had yesterday evening. I think if Peterborough tell the truth that Laguta is withholding his services he gets a ban, so the best option is to say he’s injured, get a dodgy doctors note which allows Peterborough the facility and no ban for Laguta. Can’t say I blame Wroclaw either seen as this meeting is not really a contest for anything other than pride.

Is a shame as a panthers fan however would love to see Laguta around the showground again. I hope the kings lynn meeting goes ahead and he is there. Wont be holding my breath.

1 hour ago, maneacat said:

Either way, it's not Busters fault at Lynn or Peterborough. The fact of the matter is, the man has contractual obligations to fulfil and that includes participating in every meeting that he is scheduled too. The fact that he/Wroclaw is skirting around the rules by using a contrived "injury" should not be permissible in any form. He is essentially "withholding services" without the ban. 

Of course, Buster probably shouldn't have been so naive to re-sign him with Peterborough as he does have previous, but whether Wroclaw have injuries or not, he still has a contractual obligation to Peterborough the same he does Wroclaw. 

Imagine if, for example the shoe was on the other foot, the Polish lawyers would be coming with their pitchforks full force at UK speedway. So I ask the question why is the SCB or whoever deals with these situations not doing anything about it? 

• Like 1

Hows the weather behaving over there?

15 hours ago, BassoRacingFan said:

What nonsense.

You were saying :rofl:

• Like 1

At tonights meeting can they make an announcement asking everyone there to go onto the PCC website and object to the planning for the showground as not every one reads social media

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Wolfie456 said:

Wondering if Laguta will have another dodgy burger tonight.Wroclaw won't want another riding getting injured before next weeks final.

Picks and chooses his meetings. He is a disgrace to this league.