Giffard

44 minutes ago, Pinny said:

IMG_9866.jpeg

The Australian Scott Smith

12 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

The Australian Scott Smith

Correct

3 hours ago, bloom89 said:

Never getting this, well before my time haha.

He had White leathers when rode for us. Went on to Reading free of charge from Newcastle after we sold all the riders in 1994, but nobody bid for Petri. He was such a nice guy we gave him to Reading to keep him riding in the UK.

3 minutes ago, 1Tsunami said:

He had White leathers when rode for us. Went on to Reading free of charge from Newcastle after we sold all the riders in 1994, but nobody bid for Petri. He was such a nice guy we gave him to Reading to keep him riding in the UK.

Remember in 1999 he was class for Reading, Anders and Wato had his number home and away tho. 

• Like 1

On 9/17/2023 at 4:00 PM, Bagpuss said:

Brian Andersen.

HIs first club in the UK was at Newcastle. He wanted experience in the UK so Richard Bailey bought him  for a 6 week spell I think at the end of the 1993 season after winning the World U21 Championship. Moved on to Coventry the following year. A brilliant style he was always meant to be really good especially with his style and attitude.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 1Tsunami said:

HIs first club in the UK was at Newcastle. He wanted experience in the UK so Richard Bailey bought him  for a 6 week spell I think at the end of the 1993 season after winning the World U21 Championship. Moved on to Coventry the following year. A brilliant style he was always meant to be really good especially with his style and attitude.

End of 1991

Edited by Grand Central
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, 1Tsunami said:

Yes he only rode about three matches and didn't set the world alight with his scoring but did look real class.
Blooded into probably the last Tyne-Tees Trophy that really seemed to matter with the Diamonds rolling over the Bears easily.
1991 and 1992 were special times.

And I always thought that Richard Bailey was a very underrated Promoter.

Just now, Grand Central said:

Yes he only rode about three matches and didn't set the world alight with his scoring but did look real class.
Blooded into probably the last Tyne-Tees Trophy that really seemed to matter with the Diamonds rolling over the Bears easily.
1991 and 1992 were special times.

And I always thought that Richard Bailey was a very underrated Promoter.

He was a high flyer in GKN , a Director I think, as well as running a firm that organised concerts/artists/events. The Newcastle Diamonds were in his latter company. Havvy Senior wanted to buy Newcastle along with Bunter Barnes with George English. They couldn't meet his price and I was approached having just took Redundancy from British Gas. I joined them and talks continued and suddenly Richard needed cash and we got the club for a song. Unfortunately the owner of Brough Kevin Wilde hated speedway and wanted rid of us so we only owned the club for a few months. We sold all the riders and George and Me spent the next couple of years looking for an alternative venue.   

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 1Tsunami said:

He was a high flyer in GKN , a Director I think, as well as running a firm that organised concerts/artists/events. The Newcastle Diamonds were in his latter company. Havvy Senior wanted to buy Newcastle along with Bunter Barnes with George English. They couldn't meet his price and I was approached having just took Redundancy from British Gas. I joined them and talks continued and suddenly Richard needed cash and we got the club for a song. Unfortunately the owner of Brough Kevin Wilde hated speedway and wanted rid of us so we only owned the club for a few months. We sold all the riders and George and Me spent the next couple of years looking for an alternative venue.   

Oh yes.
Bunter Barnes ... least said. 

10 hours ago, 1Tsunami said:

I was always under the impression that Brian was " a signed & sealed " job with Coventry the minute he lifted the title at Brandon.:)

• Like 1