British Speedway Forum

I was admiring the matching team kevlars on Friday night, but remember you used to be able to recognise each rider by their individual ones. When I was a young boy, I’d even design my own on a piece of paper with some felt tip pens.

Anyway, I’ll fire one of these in here every day; no clues allowed, just guess and the person to guess correctly has a turn, etc. It’ll be more fun than a PlayStation.

Here’s the first one and we’re going back a few years. Guess who?

2-E911-D44-3-F0-C-46-C7-A842-3-EC974-B11

Edited by TheWellBehavedWorrall
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

I was admiring the matching team kevlars on Friday night, but remember you used to be able to recognise each rider by their individual ones. When I was a young boy, I’d even design my own on a piece of paper with some felt tip pens.

Anyway, I’ll fire one of these in here every day; no clues allowed, just guess and the person to guess correctly has a turn, etc. It’ll be more fun than a PlayStation.

Here’s the first one and we’re going back a few years. Guess who?

2-E911-D44-3-F0-C-46-C7-A842-3-EC974-B11

That's "foxed" me! Trying to work out the body colour looking for a clue?

Edited by steve roberts
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

That's "foxed" me! Trying to work out the body colour looking for a clue?

Okay, one clue: he won heat three of his first and only GP which was the 1996 Italian GP in Lonigo.

• Like 1

Looks like Mario Jirout

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

We have a winner. You’re turn, mate.

I'll put my thinking cap on and try and come up with somebody equally obscure

• Like 2

First saw him race in Remo dal Bosco's Memorial meeting at the Castiglione Olana track, near Milan and he looked quality, beating Paco's dad from behind who seemed intent on putting all rivals through the fence. He was racing at London Lions 2 nights before his GP debut and needed a lift to the airport early on the Friday. A local speedway celeb offered to put him up and get him to his flight but as I'd driven to Hackney that night we gave him the lift to his lodgings, via my local pub and curry house. Introducing him to the landlord we advised he'd be on the telly on the Saturday so all pub tellies set for the GP. As he lined up for his first race we told the landlord it was our friend from Thursday in red, so the whole bar was cheering Fonzi's victory. The publican was over the moon, telling people the winner was drinking there on Thursday.  However he didn't appreciate the etiquette of speedway as he continued with every race telling punters to watch the guy in the red helmet who was there on the Thursday.   

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I think that’s a Hungarian flag on his race bib, but the helmet, the bike and the kevlars look too modern for it to be my automatic guess of Robert Nagy.

I’m wracking my brain for Hungarian riders and can’t think of any.:D

Was Zoltan Adorjan Hungarian? Is it him?

Edited by TheWellBehavedWorrall
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

I think that’s a Hungarian flag on his race bib, but the helmet, the bike and the kevlars look too modern for it to be my automatic guess of Robert Nagy.

I’m wracking my brain for Hungarian riders and can’t think of any.:D

Was Zoltan Adorjan Hungarian? Is it him?

Yup, Zolly... too easy!

• Like 1

Keep this thread going lads!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1