British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Wolfsbane

Wolves v Tigers Play Off Semi Final 1st Leg 25th September @ 19:30

1 hour ago, LagutaRacingFan said:

Do people really want the play-offs to be ruined over a stupid rule?

Look how Poland have ruined their final by forcing one team to replace Woffinden and Janowski with Conor Bailey.

Most Polish fans seem to think the exact opposite, play-offs would be ruined by allowing guests.

In any other sport in the world (plus foreign Speedway leagues), teams with injuries are weakened, don't know why British Speedway feels this is not fair?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Maybe they should just divvy out the top 14 riders at the end of the season for the play off final and let the managers pick them out one by one for their side - "all against the wall" (if anyone remembers or used to say that) :drink:

I thought that was what they did....:D

Lets be honest, they spend all the qualifying matches during the season running it in a Mickey Mouse way, so why not just carry this on during the play offs.. 

Fair play to them for that...

You only have to see the comments on the other semi threads about Ipswich maybe using Fricke on Monday rather then Harris as he is better at the NSS to see how ludicrous it all is, and how fans just accept such nonsense...

Poland ran their first leg of their final with two top riders missing from one team, with no guests, and had s closer result than the UK did with two...

They also had a packed stadium, major sponsors involved, big viewing figures, and will have big financial rewards for whoever wins..

I wonder what the difference is?:D

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Most Polish fans seem to think the exact opposite, play-offs would be ruined by allowing guests.

In any other sport in the world (plus foreign Speedway leagues), teams with injuries are weakened, don't know why British Speedway feels this is not fair?

Other sports have squads, British speedway doesn't. 

55 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

If woffy rides on sunday then no guest allowed on mon simple,think anyone at the bspa has the balls to say so!

The bspa won't know what's going on as normal :rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

Other sports have squads, British speedway doesn't. 

Then have less riders per team so riders becone available..

Or, more easily, maybe, copy Poland's TAC SUB rules and/or have a fit for purpose RR system..?

There are only guests because it is "easy" to run with them..

But by using them, you can never take anything the sport delivers seriously...

58 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

If woffy rides on sunday then no guest allowed on mon simple,think anyone at the bspa has the balls to say so!

Even if they bspa inforced that Sheffield would still be using Lambert as he’s guesting for Musie… it would be Lawson for Woffinden that Sheffield wouldn’t be able to use 

4 minutes ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

Even if they bspa inforced that Sheffield would still be using Lambert as he’s guesting for Musie… it would be Lawson for Woffinden that Sheffield wouldn’t be able to use 

But they would have to use reserves for his rides as no facility

Just now, mikebv said:

Then have less riders per team so riders becone available..

Or, more easily, maybe, copy Poland's TAC SUB rules and/or have a fit for purpose RR system..?

There are only guests because it is "easy" to run with them..

But by using them, you can never take anything the sport delivers seriously...

Guests have part of speedway all the time i have been going, since 1968, and during that time the sport has been taken very seriously, so its not guests that are the main problem

Everyone says get rid of them but no one comes up with a viable alternative, do people really want Sheffield to ride with two juniors instead of their two best riders?

We did our best when Holder got injured, only for his replacement to then get injured, so its not a though we wanted guests, it was just speedway

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

But they would have to use reserves for his rides as no facility

Yeah true, but I feel they’ll be able to use Lawson for Woffi even with Woffi riding for Wrocław on Sunday 

7 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

Guests have part of speedway all the time i have been going, since 1968, and during that time the sport has been taken very seriously, so its not guests that are the main problem

Everyone says get rid of them but no one comes up with a viable alternative, do people really want Sheffield to ride with two juniors instead of their two best riders?

We did our best when Holder got injured, only for his replacement to then get injured, so its not a though we wanted guests, it was just speedway

No I don't but getting someone in with a higher average is cheating in my view.  Same as Glasgow with Tarasenko (yes I know he 'signed' before his average went up but there were no meetings until after it had).

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

Yeah true, but I feel they’ll be able to use Lawson for Woffi even with Woffi riding for Wrocław on Sunday 

Definitely i'd say

The BSPA Office has confirmed that the Regulation does not state that a rider with an assessed average cannot guest, only a rider who does not have an Established MA.  Robert Lambert has an Established MA from 2019.

So you can make it up :rolleyes:

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

The BSPA Office has confirmed that the Regulation does not state that a rider with an assessed average cannot guest, only a rider who does not have an Established MA.  Robert Lambert has an Established MA from 2019.

Surely that's why he's on an assessed average, because he doesn't have an established MA (because it's more than two years ago)?  You're right, it's all made up and makes them stronger.

3 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

Good grief - that is bending of the regs at its finest!!

Total farce

• Like 2