British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Wolfsbane

Wolves v Tigers Play Off Semi Final 1st Leg 25th September @ 19:30

Just now, Bagpuss said:

Depends what you like really, the Wolves meeting looked very good with passing in most races but personally I prefer much faster racing even though it can be a bit processional at times. That heat 15 at BV was something else though. 

Yes the meeting at Belle Vue picked up towards the end. The action at Monmore looked pretty good though

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Depends what you like really, the Wolves meeting looked very good with passing in most races but personally I prefer much faster racing even though it can be a bit processional at times. That heat 15 at BV was something else though. 

I agree. Flicking from the 2 meetings tonight, shows the difference. More passes at Monmore maybe. But fast racing for me. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stevebrum said:

It’s a pity every other season including this since the play offs began have denied teams replacing season ended injured riders with a suitable replacement. That’s the fault of the rules are per usual.

Maybe you might suggest they are weakened then with Lambert in the line up.

Dodgy selective research tho. 

I held my hands up in a follow on post that my research  was not up to scratch, and now i am now happy to hold my hands up and say to Beowolf that i was wrong and Robert Lambert is very good around Monmore lol . :rofl:

• Haha 1

Perhaps as expected Wolves limp out (as good as) the play offs. The last few seasons the same team (give or take the odd change but not much) is good enough in the main season but just awful in the play offs.

Masters has really gone backwards the 2nd half of the season. 

the racing was top drawer too which most of us know is often usual fair at Monmore

Edited by stevebrum
Added detail

2 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Perhaps as expected Wolves limp out (as good as) the play offs. The last few seasons the same team (give or take the odd change but not much) is good enough in the main season but just awful in the play offs.

Masters has really gone backwards the 2nd half of the season. 

the racing was top drawer too which most of us know is often usual fair at Monmore

Small tracks are not for me. But the clips that was showed tonight, showed plenty of passing. Lambo looked like  rode his socks off.

How did Sheffield end up with 3 guests?

Thought it was one HL and then RR for the other..?

Let's hope a "select team" don't win the final...:rolleyes:

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Had to laugh at Sheffield team picture in program from start of season only 1 left Howarth.

10 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Small tracks are not for me. But the clips that was showed tonight, showed plenty of passing. Lambo looked like  rode his socks off.

Much prefer smaller skilled based tracks personally. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Guests for heat leaders not second strings.

guest for reserves. 

Interesting all 4 back when Haworth ditched it on bend 2 and no exclusion when 1 rider knocked off his team mate

Sheffield trying to win the same way they said was wrong when losing last yr. its within the rules but moral and spirit. Not for me.

Robert Lambert is now the most successful play off rider in British speedway and he hasn’t ridden 10 matches outside the playoffs in Britain in 4 years.

Hope Ipswich win it now.

Sheffield will be praying Vissing doesn’t rule himself fit for Thursday or next week as that would be a mare for them.

• Like 2

I think the racing was so good because it was quite slick and easier to ride ie wasn't wet or grippy. Even Pickering managed to finally suss it out.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Sheffield Select side ! 3 gusts !  One of whom was a play off gust for Belle Vue  last season ! 

Suppose there will be another selection of riders racing at Owlerton on Thursday.

Was it windy at Monmore tonight.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, B.V 72 said:

I held my hands up in a follow on post that my research  was not up to scratch, and now i am now happy to hold my hands up and say to Beowolf that i was wrong and Robert Lambert is very good around Monmore lol . :rofl:

I accept your apology. Lambert is a class rider. Unfortunately  we are both in the same boat,  not in the final. Congratulations to Sheffield on a good performance.

• Like 1