British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Belle Vue vs Ipswich play off semi 1st leg

1 hour ago, BluPanther said:

Because Doyle will probably be fit to ride next week...:D

Now, I can accept that, lol.

13 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

Now, I can accept that, lol.

Leicester couldn't get a dry track in the play offs even with buster's help. If the rain is at heavy as forecast today it will take a lot of drying out before it can be worked on.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Leicester couldn't get a dry track in the play offs even with buster's help. If the rain is at heavy as forecast today it will take a lot of drying out before it can be worked on.

It's all about choices.  If it stops raining at 4am as forecast there are zero excuses for the meeting not to run.  There are reasons Ipswich might not want it to run but that's a choice. 

I also wouldn't blame them if they choose the call off route either, they should do what's best for them without breaking the rules, bending them though, yes why not lol.

Edited by SUPERACE

5 minutes ago, Rob B said:

They managed to sort this in May, tomorrow won’t be an issue especially with Phil Morris and Eurosport there watching.  

https://x.com/ipswichspeedway/status/1657056792608747520?s=46&t=dIBO1b0Z20UuRPqs9f-4pg

That was the afternoon the day before though tomorrow it may be like that in the morning. Only just started raining. 

Edited by SPEEDY69

Maybe a wet track would suit Ipswich, it certainly didn't suit Belle Vue in the cup at Wolves.

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

That was the afternoon the day before though tomorrow it may be like that in the morning. Only just started raining. 

It wasn’t speedy, they posted that tweet on the Friday, showing the pictures of the track on the afternoon of race day a few hours before the meeting. Still don’t know how they got that meeting on! And unless my memory is playing tricks, the track rode superbly that evening. 

Edited by Arch Stanton
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

It wasn’t speedy, they posted that tweet on the Friday, showing the pictures of the track on the afternoon of race day a few hours before the meeting. Still don’t know how they got that meeting on! And unless my memory is playing tricks, the track rode superbly that evening. 

Yes it was on BSN I remember as watched it. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Yep, my mistake, I misread the tweet :( Ipswich almost always play with a straight bat though so I'm expecting it to be on tomorrow. 

• Like 1

So it's Jack Smith at 7 for Ipswich tomorrow

Edited by mark.1

1 hour ago, Rob B said:

They managed to sort this in May, tomorrow won’t be an issue especially with Phil Morris and Eurosport there watching.  

https://x.com/ipswichspeedway/status/1657056792608747520?s=46&t=dIBO1b0Z20UuRPqs9f-4pg

32 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

3 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Yep, my mistake, I misread the tweet :( Ipswich almost always play with a straight bat though so I'm expecting it to be on tomorrow. 

That was a remarkable effort

I think every effort will be made to get it on regardless of the impact recent events could have

It will be another packed out night with a fantastic atmosphere 

Whatever will be will be

6 minutes ago, mark.1 said:

So it's Jack Smith at 7 for Ipswich tomorrow

Interesting as it was definitely Joe Thompson down to ride yesterday. They want Jack for Belle Vue Monday, so is there yet another rule hidden somewhere that we have to use the same rising star for both meetings??