British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayFan91

King’s Lynn 2024 serious team predictions

6 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

MPT is absolutely one of the rider's I wouldn't have picked, 100%. He's not one I'm expecting to add to his average. 

Tarasenko, Wojdylo & Iversen I'm expecting to add 1 point each. They have to deliver or this side fails. The impact of having Rowe at No7 could be the difference. 

I'll be shocked if iversen adds, class in his day not so now.

31 minutes ago, mc131 said:

That's the beauty of him being a second string now, he could even spend time down at reserve if other improve

33 minutes ago, mc131 said:

He can still be that class rider on his day, when he gets it right. I reckon he will be a great signing for lynn. 

57 minutes ago, mc131 said:

He improved quite a lot in the second half of the season, some top rides against good opposition.

Don’t forget Iversen ended the season injured - I’ve seen no news since how he’s recovered 

On 11/28/2023 at 10:31 PM, foreverblue said:

You may not speak for all Panthers fans though

He does for me.

11 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

You're falling in to the 'bad management' trap. Lawson & Harris are decent but on their current averages what do they add?? They have little to no improvement on their averages which will = losing meetings

I'm sticking my neck out & saying King's Lynn will make top 4 with this septet. If not, 100% the fans will be entertained with Musielak, Tarasenko, Basso & Wojdylo. Having Rowe at No7 will be huge. 

Not quite, you don't need all 7 riders to improve to win a match. So having a 6 point rider not improve, is still better than a 5 point MPT not improving or even putting half a point on his average.

10 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

MPT is absolutely one of the rider's I wouldn't have picked, 100%. He's not one I'm expecting to add to his average. 

Tarasenko, Wojdylo & Iversen I'm expecting to add 1 point each. They have to deliver or this side fails. The impact of having Rowe at No7 could be the difference. 

Can't see Iversen adding to his average. In a stronger league, he will have done well if he keeps his average imo. Still a decent second string on his current average though. 

Similar thoughts with Tarasenko, looks like there will be plenty of strong top 2s so Vadim will struggle to up his average imo.

10 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

I think NKI at 41 coming back from a bad crash could be a big risk.

Decent looking team, should do better than last year (won't be hard) certainly got a good number one & a decent reserve (plus a good RS). Can't help but think they could've been even better with a stronger rider in place of MPT.

Yes I've read comments about riders agreeing, then changing their minds, but without reading anything official, can only comment on the signed riders.

Would love to see Puk do well but as said hes old now and coming back from another bad knock. 

that said, with no pressure on him at all he may well do okay. However , as one of my all time favs right from 2003 when signed at Newport on a 9.0 average and classed by many as an awful signing , id love to see him have a great season. At 2 or 4 around Lynn, you never know. 

class rider in his day, dominated the polish and uk averages for a couple of years and made world number 3 . If only the old school bsf posters Racer X and Jungle Jake still posted here... i always said he would have a better career than their beloved Zagar, Janusz K , Jonas Davidsson and Bjerre and was proved right! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheSpecialOne said:

Anders Rowe still classed as a Rising Star :unsure:

He is only 21,and wouldn't it only be his 2nd season as a rising star so would still qualify.

1 hour ago, TheSpecialOne said:

Anders Rowe still classed as a Rising Star :unsure:

3 minutes ago, tellboy said:

He is only 21,and wouldn't it only be his 2nd season as a rising star so would still qualify.

Jenkins alluded to his average going up that meant he wasn’t eligible for the Rising Star anymore. His average is 4.21 so I’m guessing the threshold is 4.00? Rowe is 3.76