British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayFan91

Ipswich Witches 2024 serious team predictions

2 hours ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

As we’re now in November I wonder how long we’ll need to wait to find out the regulations for team building & when the first signings will be announced?

There's bound to be at least one reg that we only find out about around June/July (possibly later) time when one 'smart' promoter looks to shaft the others....

• Like 1

Ffs season has only just finished,, got 5 months yet,,, maybe they will leave the regs the same,,,,,,, nah don't be silly. 

Musielak contacted Louis for a team place. Whether anything evolved from that or whether he was told there was no room at the inn, I have no idea. 

1 hour ago, Aries said:

Musielak contacted Louis for a team place. Whether anything evolved from that or whether he was told there was no room at the inn, I have no idea. 

He's probably contacted them all 

I’ve heard the Musielak thing myself. Can’t see it personally.  There’s top heavy, then there’s top heavy!

Edited by Arch Stanton

7 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I’ve heard the Musielak thing myself. Can’t see it personally.  There’s top heavy, then there’s top heavy!

Would be a great addition, have a lot of time for him as a rider and how he comes across as well,  but if they retain Dolye and Emil (which they should) can't see how it could be done!

8 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

Would be a great addition, have a lot of time for him as a rider and how he comes across as well,  but if they retain Dolye and Emil (which they should) can't see how it could be done!

It is actually doable with the rumoured 40 point limit. Those three would leave just over 12. You could in theory go with that top three, fill the remaining main body positions with Riss and Rew, leaving a reserve place up to 3.25 available. Whether that’s a sensible strategy is open to debate but definitely doable (if even more money is chucked in ;) )

On 9/17/2023 at 1:56 PM, 4BM said:

Musielak will be at Ipswich in 2024 

I heard this nearly 2 months ago, easier location for Tobi based on airports and Maciej his mechanics base

Doyle and Emil are definitely back so I’ve heard so to get Tobi will mean a lot of outlay and no King…. Not sure that will happen but for me I would go for it why not 

Means the side built along the same lines except Tobi for King which is an upgrade 

Riss is still a worry .. yes a low average but his demeanour on the bike wasn’t good and I’d be concerned on him improving on it 

Rew should add hopefully 1.5 on his average.

Dan Thompson a no brainier as the rising star 

Hume is a difficult one as he is a fans favourite , gives 110% and is always amenable and friendly after a meeting …. If we do go top heavy with Doyle Musi and Emil is there a better rider on his average? Not sure there is 

Tobi would be a great signing for any team. Be sad not to see him flying round Owlerton next season every week.. he has just suffered a bad injury so not sure if that’s why Sheffield have gone for Tai and Jack (rumoured) over him. 

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Doyle and Emil are definitely back so I’ve heard so to get Tobi will mean a lot of outlay and no King…. Not sure that will happen but for me I would go for it why not 

Means the side built along the same lines except Tobi for King which is an upgrade 

Riss is still a worry .. yes a low average but his demeanour on the bike wasn’t good and I’d be concerned on him improving on it 

Rew should add hopefully 1.5 on his average.

Dan Thompson a no brainier as the rising star 

Hume is a difficult one as he is a fans favourite , gives 110% and is always amenable and friendly after a meeting …. If we do go top heavy with Doyle Musi and Emil is there a better rider on his average? Not sure there is 

Would rather a younger rider to replace riss with a greater potential upside - agree riss body language just didn’t look at all the same on bike post illness, not convinced he’s on a false low average 

I think the mistakes Danyon showed in the playoffs confirmed that he’s kinda reached his level now, he’s a lovely lad and gives it everything but we need a number 6 alongside Dan Thompson who can improve and I just think Danyon is the rider he’s going to be.

1 hour ago, Manifesto said:

Tobi would be a great signing for any team. Be sad not to see him flying round Owlerton next season every week.. he has just suffered a bad injury so not sure if that’s why Sheffield have gone for Tai and Jack (rumoured) over him. 

Tai and Jack are both uk-based so cheaper than Tobi.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

It is actually doable with the rumoured 40 point limit. Those three would leave just over 12. You could in theory go with that top three, fill the remaining main body positions with Riss and Rew, leaving a reserve place up to 3.25 available. Whether that’s a sensible strategy is open to debate but definitely doable (if even more money is chucked in ;) )

To top heavy ...need at least one good  reserve...