British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayFan91

Ipswich Witches 2024 serious team predictions

2 minutes ago, Aries said:

Well someone obviously wants to sign three Ekstraliga riders otherwise why get that rule binned? I’d suggest you’re right and Rew is in alongside Emil and Doyle. 

perhaps Aces want another Ekstraliga rider alongside Bewley & Lidsey ??

15 minutes ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

Not a million miles away but Wojodylo needs to fit in there somehow 

He won’t fit if we’ve gone for those other five. Emil, Doyle, King, Rew and Ellis leaves 4.16 which is why I’ve gone for Barker. Hume also fits, but Barker the better bet there. 

1 minute ago, Arch Stanton said:

He won’t fit if we’ve gone for those other five. Emil, Doyle, King, Rew and Ellis leaves 4.16 which is why I’ve gone for Barker. Hume also fits, but Barker the better bet there. 

Barker will be at Birmingham 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, AceBelle said:

perhaps Aces want another Ekstraliga rider alongside Bewley & Lidsey ??

Quite possibly. 

38 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

Emil

Rew

King

Brennan

Doyle

Dan T

I still wonder if they'll give Jack Thomas another chance rather than young Dan.

Picks itself, Just the one change with Riss making way for Ellis or Brennan imo.

Emil

Rew

King

Ellis or Brennan

Doyle

Hume

D. Thompson

Just now, TTT said:

Picks itself, Just the one change with Riss making way for Ellis or Brennan imo.

Emil

Rew

King

Ellis or Brennan

Doyle

Hume

D. Thompson

I think Danyon showed in the playoffs that his current level is his ceiling, he can’t ride any faster he falls off, lovely lad and a half decent no.7/second string in champ but for me I’d like to see two younger lads with more scope to improve their averages as the season goes on. 

4 minutes ago, kevin bass said:

I still wonder if they'll give Jack Thomas another chance rather than young Dan.

I think it would be a risk tbh. Not been on the bike the entire season after really bad injuries think if I was Louis I’d see how he settled back into racing in the champ/ndl befoe bringing him back into the food in prem

Just now, 89buttons said:

I think Danyon showed in the playoffs that his current level is his ceiling, he can’t ride any faster he falls off, lovely lad and a half decent no.7/second string in champ but for me I’d like to see two younger lads with more scope to improve their averages as the season goes on. 

I agree.

I just don't see who else fits at No.6 which is why I've put him in, Would've put Barker in until I read PTA's post about him heading to Brum.

2 minutes ago, TTT said:

I agree.

I just don't see who else fits at No.6 which is why I've put him in, Would've put Barker in until I read PTA's post about him heading to Brum.

Leon flint or Jordan Jenkins maybe a shout, or Jason edwards he did well last year in a couple of meetings anders rowe another option

another route would be wojdylo/z cook at 4 and that frees up enough for riss or someone else in the 4.8 range at 2 and pushes rew to 6

Edited by 89buttons
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, kevin bass said:

Thomas said last winter that the season just gone was his last to meet the Rising Star criteria so I’m guessing he’ll not be available as one this coming season. Unless they take in to account his misfortune this year and bend the rule to allow him in..

How about Emil, Rory, Tom, Adam, Jason, Keynan plus RS Dan T or Jordan J

Edited by 2ndbend
Spelling

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Thomas said last winter that the season just gone was his last to meet the Rising Star criteria so I’m guessing he’ll not be available as one this coming season. Unless they take in to account his misfortune this year and bend the rule to allow him in..

My knowledge of the rules is that he qualifies for 2024 (under 25 at start of season) unless the rules have changed?