British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayFan91

Ipswich Witches 2024 serious team predictions

52 minutes ago, siggysigalos said:

Jason Doyle is 1st announced...But no mention of being Captain.

Might announce all the riders first and then say who is captain.

Surely Danny will still be captain,,, and why wouldn't he be,, he's been captain for the last however many years. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

I think the picture is from last years press day when Doyle was number 1 

I didn’t see anything in the article to suggest he starts as 1 in 2024

Yeah, I’ve let the jitters get to me - I’m sure you’re right. Like everyone, just desperate for Emil to be back

2 hours ago, hyabb17 said:

Do you think the remaining 6 will be announced throughout the day? Louis has said that the team is done...

Typically Ipswich announce the team over the course of a week or so

1 hour ago, 89buttons said:

Typically Ipswich announce the team over the course of a week or so

They will want at least 2 'big' headlines for the papers i would have thought!

Great to see Doyle back at Foxhall he is surely one of the most exciting about - if he misses the gate watching him reel them in is highlight of the meeting for me.

Edited by GeneralMelchett
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

They will want at least 2 'big' headlines for the papers i would have thought!

Great to see Doyle back at Foxhall he is surely one of the most exciting about - if he misses the gate watching him reel them in is highlight of the meeting for me.

100% he’s box office. He and Emil are a good mix. Doyle the better rider at Foxhall so helps the home form, Emil the better away rider so helps on the travels. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

100% he’s box office. He and Emil are a good mix. Doyle the better rider at Foxhall so helps the home form, Emil the better away rider so helps on the travels. 

Oooof I hope Emil doesn’t hear you say Doyle’s better than him around Foxhall!!

Best pair I’ve seen in some few years now the commitment and trust they have in one other is incredible probably the best since darcy/holder hey day years at Poole.

wouldn’t like to say who’s the best round Foxhall tbh, we said several times last year when they were really on it fully committed team riding in 13&15s we wouldn’t want to see them race against each other they’re both just too fast and committed to being top dog round Ipswich, it’s best they’re on the same side otherwise would end in tears 

Doyle giving up Sweden to ride in the UK.

Whether fans up and down the country like him or not, I'm sure everybody respects the loyalty Doyley has shown to our league throughout the years.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, TTT said:

Doyle giving up Sweden to ride in the UK.

Whether fans up and down the country like him or not, I'm sure everybody respects the loyalty Doyley has shown to our league throughout the years.

I have total respect for Doyley great rider and totally loyal to the sport in the UK, would have loved him at Belle Vue.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 89buttons said:

Oooof I hope Emil doesn’t hear you say Doyle’s better than him around Foxhall!!

Best pair I’ve seen in some few years now the commitment and trust they have in one other is incredible probably the best since darcy/holder hey day years at Poole.

wouldn’t like to say who’s the best round Foxhall tbh, we said several times last year when they were really on it fully committed team riding in 13&15s we wouldn’t want to see them race against each other they’re both just too fast and committed to being top dog round Ipswich, it’s best they’re on the same side otherwise would end in tears 

Just going by the stats Buttons. Over all meetings last season, Doyle 10.53 at Foxhall, Emil 9.76 ;) 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Just going by the stats Buttons. Over all meetings last season, Doyle 10.53 at Foxhall, Emil 9.76 ;) 

Stats don’t lie but I bet if you said that to their faces Emil would have his helmet on and be at the tapes ready to race in a flash! 

I'm not sure it's about "loyalty to British Speedway" with Doyle at all. He lives reasonably local & stated many times he wants more family time throughout the season. Riding for Ipswich gives him exactly that. 

Nothing more, nothing less. 

• Like 1