British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayFan91

Ipswich Witches 2024 serious team predictions

11 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

I'm not sure it's about "loyalty to British Speedway" with Doyle at all. He lives reasonably local & stated many times he wants more family time throughout the season. Riding for Ipswich gives him exactly that. 

Nothing more, nothing less. 

Absolutely.

Its great that he has ridden over here for so long but if he was married to a Swede or Pole I expect things could be quite different.

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

I'm not sure it's about "loyalty to British Speedway" with Doyle at all. He lives reasonably local & stated many times he wants more family time throughout the season. Riding for Ipswich gives him exactly that. 

It doesn’t matter how you try to spin it Jason has been one of the most loyal GP riders to UK speedway. There is no team in the league who would not want him in their team.

Both Jason and Emil have bought plenty of entertainment to the fans at Ipswich . More so than than any other riders in recent years ( although Jason if you are reading this you have yet to do  full lap of the stockcar track on 1 wheel)!

• Like 4

If Chris Louis is saying this team is exciting I wonder if he's bringing in another 4.00 international rider, maybe then with Ellis at no.4 as well as the other usual suspects?

Jonas Seifert-Salk (ideally)

Francis Gusts

Philip Hellstrom Bangs

Dimitri Berge (on his old UK average)

Am I being too optimistic!?! 

3 hours ago, stu219 said:

It doesn’t matter how you try to spin it Jason has been one of the most loyal GP riders to UK speedway. There is no team in the league who would not want him in their team.

Both Jason and Emil have bought plenty of entertainment to the fans at Ipswich . More so than than any other riders in recent years ( although Jason if you are reading this you have yet to do  full lap of the stockcar track on 1 wheel)!

If you're giving me a choice, can I have Emil, please?

Edited by False dawn

7 hours ago, Arthur73 said:

If Chris Louis is saying this team is exciting I wonder if he's bringing in another 4.00 international rider, maybe then with Ellis at no.4 as well as the other usual suspects?

Jonas Seifert-Salk (ideally)

Francis Gusts

Philip Hellstrom Bangs

Dimitri Berge (on his old UK average)

Am I being too optimistic!?! 

Yes as they are now assessed as a 5.00 

I'd be very surprised if its not 6 from last season plus Ellis

The excitement Louis refers to is Jason and Emil 

13 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

If he wasn't bothered about Ipswich or UK he could move his family to Sweden or Poland and still get family time.  He's committed to the UK and gets nowhere near enough credit.

If every GP rider was the same,  Speedway in the UK would be top notch.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Absolutely.

Its great that he has ridden over here for so long but if he was married to a Swede or Pole I expect things could be quite different.

I suppse 'if your aunty had balls she'd have been your uncle' applies here.

Edited by GeneralMelchett

1 hour ago, GeneralMelchett said:

I suppse 'if your aunty had balls she'd have been your uncle' applies here.

Absolutely.

Just think the discussion needs a bit of balance.

10 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Absolutely.

Just think the discussion needs a bit of balance.

On this point if you examine what Doyle said last season and this - it is clear his reasons for his staying at Ipswich for season no 3 (slightly different to his long service to British Speedway)  and perhaps a dig or too at former clubs - last season he mentioned about always being paid on time, and how well run Ipswich were, this year he describes the family atmosphere at the club.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

On this point if you examine what Doyle said last season and this - it is clear his reasons for his staying at Ipswich for season no 3 (slightly different to his long service to British Speedway)  and perhaps a dig or too at former clubs - last season he mentioned about always being paid on time, and how well run Ipswich were, this year he describes the family atmosphere at the club.

Supporters of their teams in every sport always gets sucked in by 'love it here' statements. Very few (next to zero) talk the truth about their current employer. 

It's absolute fact that Doyle is only at Ipswich because it works for him right now, close to home & family & paid handsomely by TruPlant. 

Imagine the reaction if Doyle came out with "I'm only here because of family reasons. If it was a choice I'd be elsewhere because in truth, Ipswich is a s#!thole." 

Supporters (in the main) are deluded in defending their badge. It's understandable but Doyle is NOT at Ipswich through his "loyalty to British Speedway." 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Supporters of their teams in every sport always gets sucked in by 'love it here' statements. Very few (next to zero) talk the truth about their current employer. 

It's absolute fact that Doyle is only at Ipswich because it works for him right now, close to home & family & paid handsomely by TruPlant. 

Imagine the reaction if Doyle came out with "I'm only here because of family reasons. If it was a choice I'd be elsewhere because in truth, Ipswich is a s#!thole." 

Supporters (in the main) are deluded in defending their badge. It's understandable but Doyle is NOT at Ipswich through his "loyalty to British Speedway." 

:D

14 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Of course Doyle is at Ipswich through his Loyalty to British Speedway  he could well also be at any other club, due to his Loyalty to British Speedway 

Lots of questions of IF IF IF 

If he didn't live in the UK, if his partner wasn't English

Lets judge it based on facts