British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayFan91

Ipswich Witches 2024 serious team predictions

19 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Just going by the stats Buttons. Over all meetings last season, Doyle 10.53 at Foxhall, Emil 9.76 ;) 

Do those averages include bonus points, as if not they will be closer?

7 minutes ago, Bash said:

Do those averages include bonus points, as if not they will be closer?

Doyle 11.02 GSA 10.53

Emil 10.51 GSA 9.76

All Foxhall meetings. 

That's what I thought with the amount of 5-1's between the pair, not a lot of points dropped at home between them

45 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Supporters of their teams in every sport always gets sucked in by 'love it here' statements. Very few (next to zero) talk the truth about their current employer. 

It's absolute fact that Doyle is only at Ipswich because it works for him right now, close to home & family & paid handsomely by TruPlant. 

Imagine the reaction if Doyle came out with "I'm only here because of family reasons. If it was a choice I'd be elsewhere because in truth, Ipswich is a s#!thole." 

Supporters (in the main) are deluded in defending their badge. It's understandable but Doyle is NOT at Ipswich through his "loyalty to British Speedway." 

So you’re questioning Doyle’s integrity then? As well as slagging off Ipswich as a club? For what?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

So you’re questioning Doyle’s integrity then? As well as slagging off Ipswich as a club? For what?

Done neither. Doyle's integrity & loyalty is with his family. Riding for Ipswich is a job & what he deems best for himself & family right now. 

Nothing to do with any love or loyalty for Ipswich &/or British Speedway. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Think a few people are getting a little carried away. Jason Doyle will do what's best for Jason Doyle and his family. And so he should. Riding in the UK suits him and his family, Riding for Ipswich suits him and his family. And in return he performs week in week out and gives value for money to his employers end of. 

If you want to put him on a pedestal of integrity and loyalty and he does it for the love of the fans etc, might want to ask Leszno how they feel about him. 

• Like 2

On 11/23/2023 at 10:40 AM, siggysigalos said:

Jason Doyle is 1st announced...But no mention of being Captain.

King will still have it 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Done neither. Doyle's integrity & loyalty is with his family. Riding for Ipswich is a job & what he deems best for himself & family right now. 

You are confusing Robert lambert with Jason Doyle surely.  I know I’d take Doyle every time in my team than that mercenary. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

So when Doyle says he’s loves riding for Ipswich and it’s like a family what are you doing saying it’s rubbish and it’s just convenient?? That’s questioning the integrity of his word and I just can’t understand your rhetoric

Edited by 89buttons
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

You are confusing Robert lambert with Jason Doyle surely.  I know I’d take Doyle every time in my team than that mercenary. 

The discussion has nothing to do with Robert Lambert :D

(Who incidently lives in Poland with his Polish girlfriend....that's the difference)

I'm sure Doyle does love riding for Ipswich, they are a good club. And despite the A140 being the work of the devil it's extremely convenient for someone living in Norwich to ride there.

He's never been my cup of tea but I want as many top riders in the UK as possible. He's doing what's best for him and his family in a short career, as a self employed tradesman that's absolutely right. But his 'loyalty' to the UK is a by product of that.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

So when Doyle says he’s loves riding for Ipswich and it’s like a family what are you doing saying it’s rubbish and it’s just convenient?? That’s questioning the integrity of his word and I just can’t understand your rhetoric

I believe Doyle when he says he is happy at Ipswich, you can see what it means to him when he wins important races for Ipswich. He is a honest guy who clearly likes his employer and wants to do well for them. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

I believe Doyle when he says he is happy at Ipswich, you can see what it means to him when he wins important races for Ipswich. He is a honest guy who clearly likes his employer and wants to do well for them. 

Yep, he doesn’t mince his words when he doesn’t like something does he! It’s clear how much he’s enjoyed the past two seasons

43 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

Yep, absolutely that. Convenient. 

His words are that of nearly every club sports person on the planet, a bending of the truth. He has his employers, sponsors & fans to utter sweet nothings to, to make money. 

4 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Never denied that. Doyle enjoys his work, loves winning races & shows undeniable commitment to every cause. 

Most of that is for personal pride, not to be confused with love for the club. 

1 minute ago, Daniel Smith said:

Yep, absolutely that. Convenient. 

His words are that of nearly every club sports person on the planet, a bending of the truth. He has his employers, sponsors & fans to utter sweet nothings to, to make money. 

He doesnt need to ride here, he has been loyal to British Speedway unlike others like Robert Lambert who decide not to ride here.