British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayFan91

Ipswich Witches 2024 serious team predictions

5 minutes ago, CB252 said:

Birmingham riding on a Monday with most of the Wolves team signing for them is my guess. 

They are unable to run on Wednesdays next year due to greyhounds.

Financial suicide and that'll be them done by the end of 2024 if they see the season out

Can see some logic in that first bit and the possibility of the second unfortunately 

Hard to make predictions when you do t know the points limit / league set up, but I wouldn't think they'd make many changes of they can avoid it. Will certainly want to keep Sayfutdinov & Doyle of the can fit them in.

Pretty pointless until league structure and points limits are known

Why are people saying its pointless making predictions? It's a bit of fun that's all. Let's go

Emily and Doyle then work from there. Probably keep Rew and King. Move Riss, Hume and Joe T on. 

Maybe Ipswich will propose a really low points limit and only allow teams to have one rider with an average over 8.00 like they used to do when Swindon had a good team.

Emil & Doyle back and make sure Rew starts at reserve. Do away with RS in Premiership & put that in Championship. If it is only 6 teams raise the team limit to 45

• Like 3

2 hours ago, topaz325 said:

A strong top two is required.

Tai Woffinden

Robert Lambert.

It’s not such an odd thing - I remember Rob Tilbury being boooed and hated at Arena then he signed for us!!! Everyone loved him!! Sins against are often forgotten! 

20 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

It’s not such an odd thing - I remember Rob Tilbury being boooed and hated at Arena then he signed for us!!! Everyone loved him!! Sins against are often forgotten! 

Tbh it's the same with Doyley,  usd to dislike him when he rode for Somerset,  but now....

Reckon it will be Emil, Riss, King, Rew, Doyle, Hume & D. Thompson if running under current regs

I'd be tempted to roll the dice and stick Dan at no.6 if they get a 25% reduction for a rising star being in the main team which would make him a 3.00 then throw Boughen in as a wild-card rising star, there is something about him that is worth the risk and having Emil and Doyle in would help him

You could if you wanted to change King opt for Douglas or Masters, then could retain Rew and maybe Cook could come on for Riss

Other riders to consider maybe Ellis on a low average, Bomber if the Foxhall track is prepared like the last few meetings of this season, i like Fredrik Jakobsen on a 5.71 ish average too, had a poor 2023 with Lynn but most did, remember him from last year looked very quick and stylish and scored something like 13 points from reserve, in the main body at no.2 or no.4 could do a good job

10 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

Reckon it will be Emil, Riss, King, Rew, Doyle, Hume & D. Thompson if running under current regs

I'd be tempted to roll the dice and stick Dan at no.6 if they get a 25% reduction for a rising star being in the main team which would make him a 3.00 then throw Boughen in as a wild-card rising star, there is something about him that is worth the risk and having Emil and Doyle in would help him

You could if you wanted to change King opt for Douglas or Masters, then could retain Rew and maybe Cook could come on for Riss

Other riders to consider maybe Ellis on a low average, Bomber if the Foxhall track is prepared like the last few meetings of this season, i like Fredrik Jakobsen on a 5.71 ish average too, had a poor 2023 with Lynn but most did, remember him from last year looked very quick and stylish and scored something like 13 points from reserve, in the main body at no.2 or no.4 could do a good job

Ellis is off to Belle Vue.

28 minutes ago, TTT said:

Ellis is off to Belle Vue.

Replacing Lidsey? No way can BV work him, Bewley and Kurtz into a team again

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

No idea if it fits or if he would be available - Klindt rides well at Foxhall - well he did this year! 

Edited by GeneralMelchett

For me it would look something like this… 

1. Emil, 2. Wojdylo, 3. Ellis or Jakobsen, 4. Z.Cook, 5. Doyle, 6. Rew, 7 D.Thompson (although I’d try and get Edwards in if poss)

Assuming same limit as this year, think that would come in just under 39 with Ellis (if he gets a GB reduction). Jakobsen may be a smidge high. I don’t know anything about Cook’s availability but think he’d be worth trying. 

Imagine BV would want to get their hands on Rew with his current average so sign him up quick!!