British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayFan91

Ipswich Witches 2024 serious team predictions

9 hours ago, GeneralMelchett said:

No idea if it fits or if he would be available - Klindt rides well at Foxhall - well he did this year! 

Klint would be to much of a risk for me coming back after those serious injuries.

we can’t risk having another Riss type rider next year.

start with Emil & Doyle with Rew at reserve & build from there.

With Riss having a shocker this season and knowing the fact he's a 6.00 average rider, do you take a punt on him again?

Hume and Riss shouldn't be anywhere near the team next year imo...

Think you guys would be silly to go too top heavy again with Doyle and m Sayfudtinov, get Emil back and build a strong team around him… he’s the real winner out of him and Doyle.

48 minutes ago, Hooky said:

Think you guys would be silly to go too top heavy again with Doyle and m Sayfudtinov, get Emil back and build a strong team around him… he’s the real winner out of him and Doyle.

Part of me thinks you’re right. However it can’t be under estimated how much these two have brought to the club in terms of adding the feel good factor & the general positivity around the place. For that reason what they bring across the season is far more important.

• Like 3

I should think it's fairly certain it will be Doyley,  Danny and Keynan.  Massively hope we can fit Emil back, he has been a joy on and off the track. 

4 hours ago, Badge said:

I should think it's fairly certain it will be Doyley,  Danny and Keynan.  Massively hope we can fit Emil back, he has been a joy on and off the track. 

I have a hunch the top two will be back. Not only have they been massive on track & in the pits but they have both played a huge part with the interaction between the club & supporters. It feels like the old Ipswich of years ago that family feel has returned.

Neutals & supporters of other clubs will possibly think we’re mad to want to go top heavy again but the buzz around the club is something I haven’t experienced for many many years.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

I have a hunch the top two will be back. Not only have they been massive on track & in the pits but they have both played a huge part with the interaction between the club & supporters. It feels like the old Ipswich of years ago that family feel has returned.

Neutals & supporters of other clubs will possibly think we’re mad to want to go top heavy again but the buzz around the club is something I haven’t experienced for many many years.

As an Ipswich supporter I think we’d be mad as well to be honest. It’s ok when Emil is on an 8.00 but over 10? At the start of the year the top two had a combined average of 18.32, they now sit on 19.22 between them, almost a point more. I can’t be the only one that feared a 5-1 or 4-2 in every heat on Thursday that didn’t involve Doyle or Emil? As much as it pains me to say it, but for me it has to be one or the other and then build with a bit more strength in the middle order and reserve. 

I’ll use Musielak just as an example as I’m sure he’ll be back at Sheffield, but you could go Doyle and Musielak up top for a combined average of 17.81 which would give you nearly a point and a half more than the current top two to fit in a stronger number 6. That kinda makes sense to me as hard as it would be to see Emil (or Doyle) ride for someone else! You could now possibly see Dudek come in to British Speedway. Not as good as Emil no, but on an 8.00 as apposed to 10.10 and as daft as it sounds, he’d arguably be the better signing.  All about increasing your averages, Dudek would surely increase an 8.00, would Emil increase 10.10?

Edited by Arch Stanton

24 minutes ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

Totally agree. Jason and Emil just have to come back. I have a feeling the points limit will be raised  next year. Otherwise there will be way to many riders out of a job. 

3 minutes ago, stu219 said:

Totally agree. Jason and Emil just have to come back. I have a feeling the points limit will be raised  next year. Otherwise there will be way to many riders out of a job. 

I’m not dead against it, I’ve watched them all year and they’re box office I just don’t think it’s the smartest thing to do if we want to go one better next year. If we did go for them both, we’re gonna need a couple of major Rabbits pulled from CL’s hat. 

think there could well be a few extra quality riders coming in. Pawlicki has already said he wants in, Janowski and Dudek have already toyed with the idea whilst they were IN the Gp’s, now they might just bite the bullet. All would be on good averages compared to our two. You could see some very strong looking teams next year. Sometimes you have to overrule your heart and go with your head. 

I think they have to make a decision between putting a league winning team together,, or a team that will keep the fans happy,,, will be hard to get both. 

Personally I would go for Emil and Lambert,, or Emil and Dudek,, or that type,  get say wojdylo on a 5 and Ellis on a sub 6 and you can put a winning team together easily. 

Trouble is,,, we love a lovely lad

Edited by Baldyman

I hear the contracts are already agreed with Emil/Doyle, so fitting in riders around them.

Harris showed how well he can ride the track in the play offs, wouldn't do any worse than King IMO. If you can get Wojdylo back over, would be a shrewd signing, again, no worse than Riss and should score more. Jenkins OR another 4.00 rider, Jordan has been our best rider this season IMO, deserves a shot!

1. Emil 10.10

2. Jenkins 4.21/4.00

3. Harris 6.53

4. Wojdylo/Zac Cook 5.00/5.10

5. Doyle 9.12

6. Rew 4.00

7. Thompson RS

6 minutes ago, Panthers99 said:

I hear the contracts are already agreed with Emil/Doyle, so fitting in riders around them.

Harris showed how well he can ride the track in the play offs, wouldn't do any worse than King IMO. If you can get Wojdylo back over, would be a shrewd signing, again, no worse than Riss and should score more. Jenkins OR another 4.00 rider, Jordan has been our best rider this season IMO, deserves a shot!

1. Emil 10.10

2. Jenkins 4.21/4.00

3. Harris 6.53

4. Wojdylo/Zac Cook 5.00/5.10

5. Doyle 9.12

6. Rew 4.00

7. Thompson RS

This is my point. You’ve got a current reserve and a current Rising Star in the main body of the side. That side wouldn’t even make the play offs. 

This is the best I could do with Doyle and Sayfutdinov and Rew at reserve:

1. Sayfutinov 10.10

2. Riss 4.84

3. Brennan 5.87 (6.02)

4. Wojdylo 5.00

5. Doyle 9.12

6. Rew 4.00

7. Dan Thompson RS

Total: 38.97

Brennan has been very good at Foxhall in his last few outings so I think will cope at number 3 at home

Just imagine how bad a team would be if we start Emil King Doyle,,, would more or less have to have 4 reserves, any team with Doyle and Emil will look disasterous,,, but I bet that's what most people will want