British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hackney

Peterborough Panthers 2024 team predictions

7 minutes ago, yaxley panther said:

I think the way the league is setting up they would gives us all the time we need to declare we're riding next season ( If there is any chance we are ) 

You’d hope so yes, but the problem is that the current owner would have to give that signal to the BSPL of their intention to run and to hold fire, and he’s the one currently saying it’s over. 

4 hours ago, Flappy said:

Hold that thought 

Why? Evidence for that?

Edited by Crump99

Just now, Crump99 said:

Why? Evidence  for that?

Flappy got my attention with that post. But i'm not in the know so didn't question it.

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Problem Peterborough have is even if things are going on behind the scenes, the clock is already ticking. Don’t you have to confirm your intention to run, around about now? Meetings will have already taken place regarding league structures etc and Peterborough currently won’t be in a position to guarantee anything. 

Could still confirm until November I believe so the opportunity is still there. Bigger problem is that it requires a new Panthers owner/s and AEPG to come to the table which they allegedly have no desire/intention to do.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Flappy got my attention with that post. But i'm not in the know so didn't question it.

Neither am I but I know enough and there is nothing (usual rumours aside) around to justify that post.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

Neither am I but I know enough and there is nothing (usual rumours aside) around to justify that post.

It is a shame. But there are a lot of objections flying in. It must make someone sit up and take notice..

Edited by Bald Bloke

The post is more a case of let's not give up there's things going on in the background that are trying to secure the future. The majority are in the public domain and some aren't as yet. 

9 hours ago, Crump99 said:

Could still confirm until November I believe so the opportunity is still there. Bigger problem is that it requires a new Panthers owner/s and AEPG to come to the table which they allegedly have no desire/intention to do.

My theory is that AEPG have said speedway cannot continue on the current agreement.

AEPG probably feel the rent paid by the Panthers is significantly below market value. AEPG have noticed the healthy crowds.

1 hour ago, LagutaRacingFan said:

My theory is that AEPG have said speedway cannot continue on the current agreement.

AEPG probably feel the rent paid by the Panthers is significantly below market value. AEPG have noticed the healthy crowds.

More reality than theory: allegedly AEPG had discussions with Panthers owners and the outcome of such meetings was that the club could not afford a break even rent. Now if, for instance, Rick Frost and his fortunes was in charge and called their bluff, would AEPG say OK, crack on in 2024? I doubt it? They'd just think up another barrier.

• Like 1

If Panthers said they'd double their rent speedway would be at the showground next season I'm sure of it. 

Deep pockets are going to be needed here and maybe even more help from ourselves as fans.

5 minutes ago, Flappy said:

If Panthers said they'd double their rent speedway would be at the showground next season I'm sure of it. 

Deep pockets are going to be needed here and maybe even more help from ourselves as fans.

you may have a point ? if Tomalin is serious about splashing the cash and cares about panthers then he should buy the club off chapman offer more rent money and see what the outcome is ?? otherwise he should put up or shut up he his making fans unhappy with is false promises and while still at showground he should be looking for the new supposed land for new track ?? he is begining to look like the Michael Knighton of speedway { if you know you know lol  } google his name if you don't he could ride in on a bike in new stadium followed by his superstar team ?? on a serious note let's hope the panthers can remain on track for 2024 :t:

3 hours ago, AceBelle said:

you may have a point ? if Tomalin is serious about splashing the cash and cares about panthers then he should buy the club off chapman offer more rent money and see what the outcome is ?? otherwise he should put up or shut up he his making fans unhappy with is false promises and while still at showground he should be looking for the new supposed land for new track ?? he is begining to look like the Michael Knighton of speedway { if you know you know lol  } google his name if you don't he could ride in on a bike in new stadium followed by his superstar team ?? on a serious note let's hope the panthers can remain on track for 2024 :t:

Yes I think MT needs to show his hand, lots of people myself included living in hope he could be our saviour.

But then again there is a reason why he is a successful business man and I am not, he could be playing the long game.

25 minutes ago, Hackney said:

Yes I think MT needs to show his hand, lots of people myself included living in hope he could be our saviour.

But then again there is a reason why he is a successful business man and I am not, he could be playing the long game.

Problem is that the long game for Panthers is only 5 or 6 weeks. If that step back to go forward is to take a year out, come back with something unlikely to be as good as part of whatever is left of British Speedway at that time then good luck with that. 

I see no problem with people being hopeful & picking a team for next year. Both Swindon & Edinburgh have carried on after racing a farewell meeting.

Besides this post can do no harm to Peterborough's future, anyway if you don't like it, don't read it.