British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
CTD26

National Development League Riders’ Championship @ Workington 24/09/23 2:00PM

Was at Worky today. Congratulations to Connor Bailey. Fully deserved to win. After season to forget for Edinburgh was good to see Max and Jacob on the podium. Really impressed with Boughen today. Great track craft for one so young. One lucky team who gets that young lad’s signature for next year.

Welcome Workington to the Championship. I know some of the fans would have preferred another NDL but Comets will be a great addition to the league with a great racing track and friendly fans.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

BSN charging £11.99 for BSN subscribers? 

It was quite clear at the start of the season the fixtures that were included in the package you subscribed too.You can purchase any other you want to watch separately. Nothing to talk about really.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

It was quite clear at the start of the season the fixtures that were included in the package you subscribed too.You can purchase any other you want to watch separately. Nothing to talk about really.

Fair enough I have the season ticket for both divs but didn’t know this was extra. Spent my money on the Scunthorpe stream instead.

• Like 1

Hearty congratulations to Connor Bailey on his big win, 100% deserved. 
Well done to Max & Jacob too on finishing 2nd & 3rd

Great track, great facilities, great fans and welcome to Championship League

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Endeavour said:

Was at Worky today. Congratulations to Connor Bailey. Fully deserved to win. After season to forget for Edinburgh was good to see Max and Jacob on the podium. Really impressed with Boughen today. Great track craft for one so young. One lucky team who gets that young lad’s signature for next year.

Welcome Workington to the Championship. I know some of the fans would have preferred another NDL but Comets will be a great addition to the league with a great racing track and friendly fans.

Oxford has already got his signature for next year. He confirmed so in an interview with the speedway star this week. Also said he won’t be riding NDL - not that it looks like going ahead anyway. 

1 minute ago, Bojangles said:

Oxford has already got his signature for next year. He confirmed so in an interview with the speedway star this week. Also said he won’t be riding NDL - not that it looks like going ahead anyway. 

I wouldn't have advised that - if the NL continues. Lots of very promising riders have struggled in their first Champ season... but if the Champ is weakened next season, he may not have than concern. Probably be irrelevant as the NL looks over (sadly).

• Like 1

Many thanks to all fans who travelled to the meeting yesterday in spite of all the changes.Thanks to the riders who did attend and still managed to provide some entertaining races.

Well done to Connor Bailey on the win, it's been a pleasure watching you fly round Northside and at times Redcar this season.

In the likelyhood there will not be a third tier next season i'm excited at the prospect of rejoining the Championship.

The increasing costs are a slight concern bearing in mind what happened to Laura. I hope Andrew/Steve are able to get the required level of support from team sponsors et al to help with the increased financial burden.

Andrew spoke about infrastructure work planned for over the winter more specifically toilets and a stand. The energy and dedication of the whole team is admirable.

British Speedway cannot afford to lose anymore clubs, i sincerely hope we see the return of Peterborough an excellent race track which always provided great Fours meetings and Wolverhampton.

Hope we see you guys back asap !.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I wouldn't have advised that - if the NL continues. Lots of very promising riders have struggled in their first Champ season... but if the Champ is weakened next season, he may not have than concern. Probably be irrelevant as the NL looks over (sadly).

He said he wants to focus on the Championship (which presumably means Oxford are staying there), and Under-24 in Poland.

• Like 1

On 10/16/2023 at 8:24 AM, Bojangles said:

He said he wants to focus on the Championship (which presumably means Oxford are staying there), and Under-24 in Poland.

Oxford have already confirmed they will be continuing in next season's NDL making them members of all 3 leagues.

9 minutes ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

Oxford have already confirmed they will be continuing in next season's NDL making them members of all 3 leagues.

Yes, but Boughen has confirmed he won’t be racing in the NDL.