British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
CTD26

National Development League Riders’ Championship @ Workington 24/09/23 2:00PM

A competitive meeting coming up at Workington with on paper, at the moment, a very strong field.

1. Jack Smith (BV).                                                     2.Alfie Bowtell (ML) 
3. Max Clegg (ED)
4. Connor Bailey (WC) 
5. Nathan Ablitt (KR)
6. Henry Atkins (OC) 
7. Dan Thompson (LLC)
8. Jamie Halder (BB)
9. Adam Roynon (EA) 
10. James Pearson (BVC) 
11. Danny Phillips (BB) 
12. Ben Morley (KR)
13. Lee Complin (MFT) 
14. Jordan Jenkins (OC) 
15. Joe Thompson (LLC)
16. Sam McGurk (WC)

Obviously there will be changes to the line up but this is it as it stands.

Predictions? I’ll be backing Bailey being the home town favourite but there’s plenty of riders who will have something to say about that. The list to come in etc boasts some good talent too so fingers crossed for a dry day down at the Northside Arena come Sunday! 

As you say it's hard to see past Connor Bailey on his home track. He's been pretty dominant.

Jordan Jenkins has been the class act of the league, though, but not sure he's ever ridden the track (?), so that will work against him. Alfie Bowtell always seems to go well at Workington as well, one of the few riders to have beaten Bailey more than once. They are the three most likely in my opinion.

8 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

As you say it's hard to see past Connor Bailey on his home track. He's been pretty dominant.

Jordan Jenkins has been the class act of the league, though, but not sure he's ever ridden the track (?), so that will work against him. Alfie Bowtell always seems to go well at Workington as well, one of the few riders to have beaten Bailey more than once. They are the three most likely in my opinion.

Is bailey not in Poland tho? Sure I've read he is 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mc131 said:

Is bailey not in Poland tho? Sure I've read he is 

Dariusz Sledz seemed to hint that Woffinden would be back on Sunday, so presume Bailey won't be needed by Wroclaw.

2 hours ago, Bojangles said:

Dariusz Sledz seemed to hint that Woffinden would be back on Sunday, so presume Bailey won't be needed by Wroclaw.

With it being closer than expected tai will probs ride.

Edited by mc131

1 hour ago, Bojangles said:

Hope conner is not required in Poland,  was a bit off the pace last nite, if he's not riding can't see the locals being happy especially for a big meeting that's also on BSN 

9 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

Max Perry in place of Dan Thompson who is still injured.

Max should do well .

Nightmare situation for the Workington promotion,  horrendous weather forecast for Sunday,  conner Bailey called up to be in wroclaw !! Luke Harrison is the replacement 

2 hours ago, geoff100 said:

Roynon out with shoulder injury,hope its ok to hold the mike !

Won’t be holding it at Workington, BSN going to Oxford now instead. Forecasts looking bleak so we’ll see what comes.

On 9/19/2023 at 9:54 AM, topaz325 said:

Max should do well .

Could be a dark horse for it I think. Always seems to go well round Workington and just quietly goes about his business. Very professional young rider.

• Like 1

Meeting is off.

• Sad 1

49 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

Any news on a re-staging date for this?

15th October was a post on comets Facebook page the other day