British Speedway Forum
PotteringAround

New Club for 2024?

On 11/26/2023 at 10:32 PM, Bagpuss said:

I don't know what the rules and regs are regarding speedway tracks opening close to others but there is little doubt in my mind that unless the two clubs worked together to avoid running meetings too in the same week then either or both would really struggle. There just aren't enough interested people locally to support two venues IMO although I'd love to be proved wrong.

As a venue though I think Swaffham could work, it's in a good location.

Speedway was talked about at Swaffham Raceway about 15 years ago, Mr Chapman of Kings Lynn Speedway soon had his say, and nothing came of it, I believe he even objected to the reopening of Speedway in Norwich at the showground in Norwich maybe 10 or so years ago. 

35 minutes ago, NorwichTownFan said:

Speedway was talked about at Swaffham Raceway about 15 years ago, Mr Chapman of Kings Lynn Speedway soon had his say, and nothing came of it, I believe he even objected to the reopening of Speedway in Norwich at the showground in Norwich maybe 10 or so years ago. 

Actually, Jonathan Chapman said at the time he would not object to speedway returning to Norwich at the showground but would not agree to the name "Stars" returning to Norwich.
The showground did say at the time that racing would only be allowed on Saturdays with practice possible on Wednesdays. After that it al seemed to go very quiet.

• Like 1

Just seen an advert on the telly for the...

Hackney Diamonds...

Is this the new track? 

• Haha 2

I thought when Hackney closed and they demolished most of the buildings in and around Waterden Road for the 2012 Olympic site, that a Speedway Track was to be incorporated somewhere within that site.

6 hours ago, rocket007 said:

I thought when Hackney closed and they demolished most of the buildings in and around Waterden Road for the 2012 Olympic site, that a Speedway Track was to be incorporated somewhere within that site.

Or did they just go into exile on Main Street ?

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, mikebv said:

Just seen an advert on the telly for the...

Hackney Diamonds...

Is this the new track? 

They messed it up, messed it up, messed it up!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, rocket007 said:

But you can’t always get what you want !

• Haha 2