British Speedway Forum

Kyle Howarth on 7.76 (after a 2 5% discount) would be a decent signing imo. More recently he hasnt revelled at the EWR as he did. But riding it regularly he can be a big scorer for us. He is the Sheffield Captain as well and a team cannot have too many leaders. See on the Plymouth thread they are saying hes signed for us. 

With Lambo back and Howarth thats a fair start to the 2024 building. 

I cannot see any sense in Jake not being back with us on 7.16 ?. He can push on in 2024, again he a hitter around Scunny and great to watch. 

Nathan Abliitt 3.00 must be in our thinking ? He certainly impressed at times around Scunny and can up his average in 2024. We have to include a Rising Star Brit at reserve so Luke Harrison looks to have Robs backing for that place. 

Quick round up then . 

Howarth 7.76,

Jake 7.16,

Lambo 5.87,

Nathan 2.93,

Luke H 2.00  

I've discounted the British riders (except LH) by 2.5% to arrive at those figures  = Total 25.72. Leaving 12.28 for the remaning two riders.

Connor Mountain comes in on an adjusted 5.28. So that would leave 7.00 for the final place - Tommy Jorgensen would fit on his 6.39 Championship average but there will be a question mark with him coming back from serious injury last season. ? 

Tofty on 7.01 is just over if we include Connor? Unless we can shed 0.01 of a point somewhere ?

Or do we look to Zaine Kennedy on a bargain 4.27 from 2022 leaving us 8 01 for the final rider. Got to say thats the option I would favour. 

I think someone on the thread has ruled out a possible Scunny return for Steve Worrall who would be a perfect No1 for us ?. With the numbers as they are its unlikely to involve any move for Josh Pickering (even if he was available?).

"Just" looking down the averages there is another Aussie that we might have an eye on ? Usually goes well around Scunny and with Birmingham going Premier might be a contender ? .. Justin Sedgeman 7.69 ? 

So how about 

K Howarth 7.76,

J Sedgeman 7.69,   

J Allen 7.16,

S Lambert 5.87,               

Z Kennedy 4.27,

N Ablitt 2.93,             

L Harrison 2.00

Total 37.68 

Edited by thebaron

My figures may be wrong but I have used the last Green Sheet figures and applying the 5% reduction for British riders I get a total of 37.46 for Howarth 7.57, Mountain 5.15, Lambert 5.72 Allen 7.16, Palm Toft 7.01 Ablitt 2.85 and Harrison 2.00.

13 minutes ago, mac101 said:

is it not 2.5% reduction 

Your right only 2.5% 

10 hours ago, thebaron said:

Kyle Howarth on 7.76 (after a 2 5% discount) would be a decent signing imo. More recently he hasnt revelled at the EWR as he did. But riding it regularly he can be a big scorer for us. He is the Sheffield Captain as well and a team cannot have too many leaders. See on the Plymouth thread they are saying hes signed for us. 

With Lambo back and Howarth thats a fair start to the 2024 building. 

I cannot see any sense in Jake not being back with us on 7.16 ?. He can push on in 2024, again he a hitter around Scunny and great to watch. 

Nathan Abliitt 3.00 must be in our thinking ? He certainly impressed at times around Scunny and can up his average in 2024. We have to include a Rising Star Brit at reserve so Luke Harrison looks to have Robs backing for that place

Quick round up then . 

Howarth 7.76,

Jake 7.16,

Lambo 5.87,

Nathan 2.93,

Luke H 2.00  

I've discounted the British riders (except LH) by 2.5% to arrive at those figures  = Total 25.72. Leaving 12.28 for the remaning two riders.

Connor Mountain comes in on an adjusted 5.28. So that would leave 7.00 for the final place - Tommy Jorgensen would fit on his 6.39 Championship average but there will be a question mark with him coming back from serious injury last season. ? 

Tofty on 7.01 is just over if we include Connor? Unless we can shed 0.01 of a point somewhere ?

Or do we look to Zaine Kennedy on a bargain 4.27 from 2022 leaving us 8 01 for the final rider. Got to say that's the option I would favour. 

I think someone on the thread has ruled out a possible Scunny return for Steve Worrall who would be a perfect No1 for us ?. With the numbers as they are its unlikely to involve any move for Josh Pickering (even if he was available?).

"Just" looking down the averages there is another Aussie that we might have an eye on ? Usually goes well around Scunny and with Birmingham going Premier might be a contender ? .. Justin Sedgeman 7.69 ? 

So how about 

K Howarth 7.76,

J Sedgeman 7.69,   

J Allen 7.16,

S Lambert 5.87,               

Z Kennedy 4.27,

N Ablitt 2.93,             

L Harrison 2.00

Total 37.68 

You don't have to include an RS at reserve, but Harrison would be a decent signing at number 7 (for Scunthorpe, Redcar or Workington).

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

You don't have to include an RS at reserve, but Harrison would be a decent signing at number 7 (for Scunthorpe, Redcar or Workington).

That looks a nice line up

That is the nature of the 38 point limit, bringing in the youth lower down & losing a mid to top end rider.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

That is the nature of the 38 point limit, bringing in the youth lower down & losing a mid to top end rider.

No gate price reduction then?

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, scunny1 said:

No gate price reduction then?

In these inflationary times, be pleased there isn't a cost-of-living- increase.....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, crescent girl said:

In these inflationary times, be pleased there isn't a cost-of-living- increase.....

With a lot of Teams streaming that would be unwise IMO.

Very good signing for Scunny. Already shows race acumen beyond his years,  a very level headed young man who should go far in the sport. Thank you for your time at Worky last season.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Marksman said:

Luke Harrison signed, it’s in the speedway star

Not got my Speedway Star yet but checked on the Scorpions website.

no more "red herring" likes from philwhitewasmad on other threads.

• Haha 1