British Speedway Forum

On 11/30/2023 at 9:53 PM, thebaron said:

"Just" looking down the averages there is another Aussie that we might have an eye on ? Usually goes well around Scunny and with Birmingham going Premier might be a contender ? .. Justin Sedgeman 7.69 ? 

So how about 

K Howarth 7.76,

J Sedgeman 7.69,   

J Allen 7.16,

S Lambert 5.87,               

Z Kennedy 4.27,

N Ablitt 2.93,             

L Harrison 2.00

Total 37.68 

No to Sedgman. He looked disinterested in the play-offs guesting for Edinburgh and couldn't buy a point and his average is way above what he gives imho. For example who would you take from Sedgman (7.69) and Brennan (7.15) if given the choice? There's really no contest.

Luke Harrison is a great signing. I saw him a few times last season and he never looked out of his depth and at 16 he can only get better. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IronScorpion said:

Not got my Speedway Star yet but checked on the Scorpions website.

no more "red herring" likes from philwhitewasmad on other threads.

in fairness i have not posted any red herrings since he agreed to come to Scunthorpe . all were statements of fact at the time of posting was a hard decision for the lad when the hardest thing hes had to choose before is red sauce or brown on his bacon

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Should be a great signing for Scunthorpe - would have loved to see him return to Redcar but can understand the lure of riding for your local club!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Nickinho said:

No to Sedgman. He looked disinterested in the play-offs guesting for Edinburgh and couldn't buy a point and his average is way above what he gives imho. For example who would you take from Sedgman (7.69) and Brennan (7.15) if given the choice? There's really no contest.

You’ve got a few wrong there 

Unless I’m missing something, I really can’t see what the hype is about Luke! From what I can see of  last year’s scores??

I hope I’m wrong but what does this say about our plans for next year??

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, hackneyrocket said:

Unless I’m missing something, I really can’t see what the hype is about Luke! From what I can see of  last year’s scores??

I hope I’m wrong but what does this say about our plans for next year??

You are missing something.The lads 16 year old and will do a great job at reserve.Outstanding Young Brit which what this watering down is meant to be all about.

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

You are missing something.The lads 16 year old and will do a great job at reserve.Outstanding Young Brit which what this watering down is meant to be all about.

Also suffered a nasty injury pre season didn’t he? Ended up missing the start of the season. Done perfectly fine in my eyes for basically his first full season of racing in the championship and ndl.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, bloom89 said:

Also suffered a nasty injury pre season didn’t he? Ended up missing the start of the season. Done perfectly fine in my eyes for basically his first full season of racing in the championship and ndl.

Yes he did.

• Like 1

Okay

obviously I was wrong!

good luck to Luke for the coming season!

• Like 1

How about?

Scunthorpe  
Kyle Howarth 7.76
Michael P Toft 7.01
Simon Lambert 5.87
Anders Rowe 5.80
Connor Mountain 5.28
Zaine Kennedy 4.27
Luke Harrison 2.00
Total 37.99

3 hours ago, bloom89 said:

Yep 2 broken vertebrae fracture shoulder bruised lung . 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Yep 2 broken vertebrae fracture shoulder bruised lung . 

"'tis but a scratch!!!!!"