British Speedway Forum

1 minute ago, davie10 said:

hope so just bought the streem lol

Me too……..was told the track was fine.

Just now, Yearbyred said:

Me too……..was told the track was fine.

i asked on here and was told the same 

Just bought the stream too so hope it goes ahead. Not rained all day at Scunthorpe apparently and here they are having to work on the track. Not a great look for the sport.

could have been some baaad accidents tonight at scunny .

poor from the track of the tear . no home advantage what so ever . LOL

18 hours ago, SteelShoe said:

Just bought the stream too so hope it goes ahead. Not rained all day at Scunthorpe apparently and here they are having to work on the track. Not a great look for the sport.

It rained from 7pm Thursday till 7am Friday plus what we had during the week.

Can we have, with some urgency on an improved P.A. system. Yesterday nobody was aware MPT had withdrawn and IRR was in place until his 3rd programmed ride. It is clear communication with Rob, announcer and DJ is sadly lacking and some people need extra training in the equipment.   It is not all weather related, Rob's microphone has been suspect for long enough. It seems it does not help when he walks around and changes direction when speaking? 

Kevin Moore on centre field duties, was in my opinion ,very good at keeping everyone informed. Perhaps Rob should delegate some role and be helped out whilst doing track grading, watering, repairing tapes etc. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, scunny1 said:

Can we have, with some urgency on an improved P.A. system. Yesterday nobody was aware MPT had withdrawn and IRR was in place until his 3rd programmed ride. It is clear communication with Rob, announcer and DJ is sadly lacking and some people need extra training in the equipment.   It is not all weather related, Rob's microphone has been suspect for long enough. It seems it does not help when he walks around and changes direction when speaking? 

Kevin Moore on centre field duties, was in my opinion ,very good at keeping everyone informed. Perhaps Rob should delegate some role and be helped out whilst doing track grading, watering, repairing tapes etc. 

You must be joking, Godfrey does everything on the cheap so more goes into his back pocket. 

1 hour ago, ONTWOMINUTES said:

You must be joking, Godfrey does everything on the cheap so more goes into his back pocket. 

Really..I remember mr Godfrey paying a tidy sum to have the Sheffield announcer at our track for a number of years..so he’s hardly done  things on the cheap in the past..however I suspect most clubs try to save a little here and there to keep costs down 

Posted (edited)

He keeps investing. This year..  a new scoreboard.. new stand.. additional lighting...   all out said back pocket. 

I'm sure he's aware of the PA issues and I'm sure he'll work to put it right.

Edited by Albert
  • Like 1

Who was the guy on the centre green mic who did a few meetings at the end of last year?