British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayFan91

Belle Vue vs Ipswich (playoff semi 2nd leg) 25/09/23

Doyle back for Witches in place of Harris and Aces unchanged… will Witches get through or will Aces turn it around??…

1 hour ago, Call me wolfie said:

With Doyle back Ipswich will comfortably reach the 37 required.

Even being conservative they SHOULD reach 37. Emil 12, Doyle 10, 7 from King, 3 between Riss and Hume, which leaves 5 needed which Rew is more than capable of at reserve. 

Edited by Aries

Doyle hasn't hit 10 in his last 4 visits to NSS,,, but King seems to be on it the last month or so,,, what we must do is be in scoring positions and throw points away by  hitting the deck,,, or breaking the tapes 

8 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Doyle hasn't hit 10 in his last 4 visits to NSS,,, but King seems to be on it the last month or so,,, what we must do is be in scoring positions and throw points away by  hitting the deck,,, or breaking the tapes 

As always, the devil is in the detail. He scored 5 from effectively two rides last time out. Last season of the three meetings there, he scored 13 and 9 twice, one of those meetings featured two retirements. So whilst you’re correct, three retirements and a harsh exclusion in his last few visits there shows he hasn’t had the best of luck. There’s no guarantees he won’t have poor luck tomorrow either! That’s the nature of the sport. But I think 10 from him is a decent pitch as long as he’s fit. 

• Like 3

If Doyle is fit he has to ride but King and Hume were no great tonight so there is hope for the Aces. Doyle is a major influence for the witches off track as well as on it. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

Doyle back for Witches in place of Harris and Aces unchanged… will Witches get through or will Aces turn it around??…

No

• Like 2

I think it's not a done deal. Should make good television. Let's hope so. Eurosport might give us more (or at least the same amount) next year.

Doyle won the Peter Craven at the beginning of the season too. Very much depends on how fit he feels. 

King and Hume were poor at Oxford today, they will need to be better tomorrow for Ipswich to progress. 

3 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Doyle won the Peter Craven at the beginning of the season too. Very much depends on how fit he feels. 

I saw he was leading the final this evening in the czech golden helmet before his tyre came off the rim. I reckon he’s going to be in fine form tomorrow ready to send the aces out :t:

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

King and Hume were poor at Oxford today, they will need to be better tomorrow for Ipswich to progress. 

I think King will be, not so sure about Hume.

Aces to win by 10.  18 far too many.

I think if Emil can win the first heat it will give Witches a massive boost. But if Aces can get a heat advantage, could it make Ipswich doubt themselves?