British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayFan91

Belle Vue vs Ipswich (playoff semi 2nd leg) 25/09/23

4 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I think if Emil can win the first heat it will give Witches a massive boost. But if Aces can get a heat advantage, could it make Ipswich doubt themselves?

Possibly, although a team with a top two of Doyle and Sayfutdinov should never be surrendering an 18 point lead really no matter how good Belle Vue are at home. If Those two do their jobs, the other five need to produce very little between them for Ipswich to progress. 

1 hour ago, Aries said:

Possibly, although a team with a top two of Doyle and Sayfutdinov should never be surrendering an 18 point lead really no matter how good Belle Vue are at home. If Those two do their jobs, the other five need to produce very little between them for Ipswich to progress. 

Personally I think Rew is the key rider,he could have a very busy night.

2 hours ago, Aries said:

Agree I think Belle Vue will need one of the top two to have an off day and score like Bewely last week. 

55 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Personally I think Rew is the key rider,he could have a very busy night.

Agree again. Rew will be pivotal here and should get his full quota of rides if needs be. We definitely seem to have stepped up a gear with him down there scoring good points to go with the scoring power of the top two. It’s a potent combination. 

Wish I could be there but can't but I'll be watching on TV - come on the Witches - hope my neighbours have earplugs as I do try to recreate the stadium atmosphere in my front room.

• Haha 2

With Belle Vue missing Charles Wright it will be extremely difficult, as shown on Thursday R/R won’t cover for him. So much depends on Norick Blodorn who will be having 6 rides but he had another crash on Saturday to go with his concussion last week, shouldn’t be riding in my opinion, 

• Like 1

Agree about Norick, can't be fit and has been a bit off the boil of late. I'd try to get Ben Cook in, good gater, fast and has a smooth style that suits the NSS. I'd be looking at him for next year. In my opinion he's in the Tungate, Bjerre and Lydsey mould so likely to score well.

No weather issues today it’s sunny and breezy 19 degrees this afternoon. 
Racing will be a lot better then Thursday whatever the score is. 

1 minute ago, 89buttons said:

Is Connor Bailey fit to ride tonight? Was r/r for him yesterday at oxford

Wasn't he in Poland?

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Rob B said:

No weather issues today it’s sunny and breezy 19 degrees this afternoon. 
Racing will be a lot better then Thursday whatever the score is. 

Ofcource it will be better,, it's a better track

This will be tough ask for BV but it’s been done before. We need a good start four straight 5-1’s would do! 

42 minutes ago, coldace said:

Agree about Norick, can't be fit and has been a bit off the boil of late. I'd try to get Ben Cook in, good gater, fast and has a smooth style that suits the NSS. I'd be looking at him for next year. In my opinion he's in the Tungate, Bjerre and Lydsey mould so likely to score well.

Riding when not fit just hinders the team but Norick has been hit and miss this season.