British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayFan91

Belle Vue vs Ipswich (playoff semi 2nd leg) 25/09/23

6 minutes ago, Badge said:

Sorry Belle Vue fans but this is worth another watch, speedway the winner here.

If your going to go out as they say in boxing go out on your shield, still a fan of Emil and Doyley though :)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bellevueace said:

Not seen any gloating from BV fans on here tonight, a lot of the track comments do actually come from fans of other teams. Whats more concerning considering the state of the sport is at the rate its going will we have enough teams to have any sort of meaningful league next season? No point having a new stadium if theres no opposition. Kirky lane wasnt good but did its job it was better than no speedway, i never really understood the critisism of Monmore from fans around the country. Its now going to be missed isnt it? Hope they can quickly get a new home along with Peterborough.

I agree entirely with your comments, the racing last night was terrific and heat 15 amazing although you may have a different viewpoint as it was disappointing from a Belle Vue perspective.

We have always had  very diverse tracks in this country from the larger faster tracks like Peterborough and Kings Lynn to the smaller tracks like Monmore. As I have said many times there are many that have always criticised Monmore but it will be missed and last night looked very entertaining, personally it is a track I always enjoyed visiting when Poole were in the top league and I don't really see the point of slagging off certain tracks, Leicester have had their detractors in the past and so have my own team Poole.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, GeneralMelchett said:

there is no doubting that the NSS is a great track and venue - agree with your comments. 

It’s also worth noting that having read interviews with Morton and Pairman they ran into severe financial trouble afterwards if I am not mistaken. 

that said the template for any new tracks is there / if they can secure out of town  land and build something like that we may have a chance of still having a sport in 20 years 

Im sure it took Gordon and Morton 9 or 10 years to get the BV stadium built and they didn’t get of to the best of starts. Yes it were a great achievement but the sport and economy were in a very different then. If Wolves can get a new stadium and track i don’t think its realistic that it will be up and running anytime soon. 

12 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Shame Ipswich won that. Crap track compared to BV for the neutral. Some decent racing tonight and heat 15 was good fun.

The overall win for Ipswich was due to the performance of the Aces at Ipswich.

As mentioned in this thread some tracks have to be shoe horned into other sports arenas. We can’t all have a fantastic facility like the NSS.

I hope Ipswich go on and win the league. Sheffield got rid of riders who did a good job for them just before the play offs and guests saw them win at Monmore last night. Ipswich were relatively unchanged throughout the season. Can’t see Wolves turning this one round but would be great if they managed it.

• Like 6

Cracking meeting . Great advert for speedway. Think Belle Vue fans will be obviously gutted about the result and also them finishing top. Belle Vue will be a force again next year regardless of the league structure. Ipswich fans must be thinking God how good is this? Potential double on the cards . All hail Emil!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Speedtiger said:

Im sure it took Gordon and Morton 9 or 10 years to get the BV stadium built and they didn’t get of to the best of starts. Yes it were a great achievement but the sport and economy were in a very different then. If Wolves can get a new stadium and track i don’t think its realistic that it will be up and running anytime soon. 

sadly most definitely not, what is the realistic hope of doing a Workington or Redcar and building out of town?

4 minutes ago, Aries said:

You have to tip your hat to Jason Doyle whether you like him or not. As Hawkins said last night, he’s struggled for set ups and speed in every visit there this year, and didn’t look as quick as others last night either and looked a bit vulnerable even when in front. But when the pressure was on he just wasn’t going to be denied was he? Pure guts, effort and determination not to be beaten when it really mattered. When Kurtz and Bewely briefly hit the front around there like they did here, think we all felt that was that. When they get in front they normally disappear in to the distance by Doyle was having none of it! Very intelligent riding too, cutting across and stopping the runs from the Ace’s pair at just the right times. Superb. 

Given his lay off the previous 7 days or so its a stunning bit of guts and determination to even ride let alone pull off that heat 15

Edited by GeneralMelchett
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, Speedtiger said:

Where you have to credit Gordon and Morton is they started the work on a new stadium from day 1 of taking over at BV.  They new eventually the days at the dog tracked would be numbered and they were right.  Too many are sitting tight and not looking to the future.  The dogs is a dying sport for many reasons, all those teams in dog tracks will suffer the same fate as Wolves if they don't look to move.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, bellevueace said:

If your going to go out as they say in boxing go out on your shield, still a fan of Emil and Doyley though :)

I am sure that loss hurt (particuarly coming so close) but Bv been very magnanimous in defeat!

Edited by GeneralMelchett
  • Like 1

Just an observation  - Witches totalled 93 - 4 points less and they lose......

Thank you Jack Smith for your 4 points :t:

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

And to think, probably the most important race in the Witches season didn't even feature an Ipswich rider. There is such a fine line between success and failure at times...

Heat 15: Łaguta, Fricke, Tarasenko, Lawson 58.7  4-2 (58-32)

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, BluPanther said:

And to think, probably the most important race in the Witches season didn't even feature an Ipswich rider. There is such a fine line between success and failure at times...

And last night Lawson won heat 15!

9 minutes ago, BluPanther said:

Or perhaps the defining moment of Ipswich's season was Nick Morris' inability to piss into a little jar?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Just an observation  - Witches totalled 93 - 4 points less and they lose......

Thank you Jack Smith for your 4 points :t:

He was my rider of the night at Foxhall and did well at Belle Vue as well - as long as you can see a rider is trying their best, that'll do for me.

• Like 1