British Speedway Forum
Endeavour

Edinburgh Team 2024

Following in Scunny’s footsteps (again) by starting this thread.

Would love to see Sam back and Erik Riss if in full health along with Josh if he can be persuaded to return after this debacle of a season.

None of the current team kicked on this season due to illness and injury but possibly Kye back.

• Like 2

What's the situation with Edinburgh racing in 2024? I know they got a stadium reprieve at Armadale, but is it all locked in and good to go for 2024?

• Like 1

I agree about Josh and Kye but i can't see Sam back for the same reason he left last year (young family based down south). Josh will have a much more attractive average next season than he was on at the start of this season and Rissy seems to have overcome all his ailments to look like a good quality rider again on a sub 7 point average. Kye is a known quality and will make a good number 4 but if they are to turn things around then the Monarchs will need to sign two decent reserves and not just wait to see who is left after all the other teams have brought theirs in.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Endeavour said:

Would love to see Sam back and Erik Riss if in full health along with Josh if he can be persuaded to return after this debacle of a season.

None of the current team kicked on this season due to illness and injury but possibly Kye back.

Don’t think you will see Sam back.

Rumours (and only rumours!!) that Sam has asked us about next season. Time will tell. Too many ifs and buts, probably, and mainly relying on Oxford moving up a league. 

Sam’s reason for moving was travel, but it’s not as if we’re riding every Friday night these days and will be less if any clubs move to the premier league and are not replaced. Clutching at straws perhaps, but this would genuinely be one to get the fans feeling positive about next season. 

What’s the Richie Worrall situation?? Available for discussion?! Haha! 

3 hours ago, Macca said:

Rumours (and only rumours!!) that Sam has asked us about next season. Time will tell. Too many ifs and buts, probably, and mainly relying on Oxford moving up a league. 

Sam’s reason for moving was travel, but it’s not as if we’re riding every Friday night these days and will be less if any clubs move to the premier league and are not replaced. Clutching at straws perhaps, but this would genuinely be one to get the fans feeling positive about next season. 

What’s the Richie Worrall situation?? Available for discussion?! Haha! 

Get Worrell in another couple of years maybe.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nickinho said:

I agree about Josh and Kye but i can't see Sam back for the same reason he left last year (young family based down south). Josh will have a much more attractive average next season than he was on at the start of this season and Rissy seems to have overcome all his ailments to look like a good quality rider again on a sub 7 point average. Kye is a known quality and will make a good number 4 but if they are to turn things around then the Monarchs will need to sign two decent reserves and not just wait to see who is left after all the other teams have brought theirs in.  

Wouldn’t say Josh’s average is much more attractive, it’s only 0.29 less than he started the season on. Riss is 7.35 so not quite the sub 7 you stated but I would definitely have him back on that average. I agree that Kye would make a good number 4 but there’s no way the averages will allow 3 heat leaders above him, think it’s best for him to move away for a season or two. We’ve been too loyal to the same riders over the last couple of years, it’s time for an overhaul.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Endeavour said:

Are you definitely running next year? 

I hope you are, we need the points! :blush:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

19 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Don’t think many fans really know the structure for the Leagues next season.Promoters May know more though.

wont be decided till pre-agm meeting which i think is in 2 weeks 

AGM in mid november

5 hours ago, Midget said:

What about cookie next season 

Can see him retiring ,watching him shut off going into the bends at the CLRC was painful to watch.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gazc said:

Can see him retiring ,watching him shut off going into the bends at the CLRC was painful to watch.

But he was riding really well earlier in the season. 

4 minutes ago, TheScotsman said:

But he was riding really well earlier in the season. 

He was but something clearly went wrong as he was clearly struggling, confidence or carrying an injury.?

Maybe both.

• Like 1