British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SpeedwayFan91

Tigers vs Wolves (playoff semi 2nd leg) 28/09/23

7 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Which is why Sheffield picked Vissing... they knew he wouldn't be available....

As for Harris guesting for Sheffield .... 

So a rider in the play offs can't guest for another team .... but one not in the play offs can guest for 2 different teams .. :blink:

Rule book really needs a long overdue rewrite....

More conspiracy theory's

So Sheffield signed Vissing knowing he would get injured so that he couldn't ride for us and we could have guests

its a shame we didn't know how Tai would be injured, we could have warned him to be more careful at Cardiff, then we would still have him riding for us, need a new crystal ball obviously

• Haha 2

Just now, SpeedwayFan91 said:

Sheffield will pay him what Ipswich paid him, if not slightly more I’d imagine 

Well the sponsor is the same... so maybe he will pay the same. But for different points? :shock:

20 minutes ago, chun said:

surely it’s an advantage for a team to be able to pick ‘horses for courses’.  i’d prefer to see the same 1-7 for both legs

I prefer the team that finished top of the league after all matches have been completed to be crowned league champions because they ve proven to be the best team over a season 

2 minutes ago, chun said:

sheffield must have included sick pay in vissing’s contract…

you get the impression that they want to win at all costs

Yep we signed Vissing, got him deliberately injured and then paid him not to ride when he was fit again and possibly paid him not get a winners medal if Glasgow with the play offs

Sheffield must be made of money

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

Sheffield will pay him what Ipswich paid him, if not slightly more I’d imagine 

I don't like all this guarantee lark ( If that is how it's done). I would much rather pay them really good points money. Especially a guest.

1 minute ago, The Third Man said:

More conspiracy theory's

Have you heard the one about a team manager trying to get in an oppositions riders head before a heat ... by telling them they will never ride for his team ever again if he scores points in that heat? :shock:

Made the rider more determined and did score more points... :t:

17 minutes ago, orion said:

Depends if you find the right horse..Lawson or Harris and not as good as Woffy or Muse.for example 

Of course they are, that's why we told them both to get injured so we could have guests, your not getting the conspiracy theory at all are you

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Harris was as good as Doyle in semis at Foxhall... 

Don't think Sheffield will be paying him the same incentive though :blink:

Was he ? Thats mpossible to tell. I don't think anyone in there right mind would pick  Harris over Doyle at Ipswich . 

3 hours ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

I’ve heard on the grape vine that Harris will be guesting at 5 for Tai in the final, against the team that he helped make the final :S with Robert guesting at 1 for Musie obviously

Ipswich should know how to prep the track to nullify Harris. It shouldn't be difficult to do

22 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

Yep we signed Vissing, got him deliberately injured and then paid him not to ride when he was fit again and possibly paid him not get a winners medal if Glasgow with the play offs

Sheffield must be made of money

Rolling in it, so they are. Sewage is like liquid gold 

22 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

Well its raining here at Owlerton now skies don't look good.Can Sheffield ride on a Monday night or not.

Hope is not to much. I've got my beers in for a night in front of the box:unsure:

Edited by Bald Bloke

3 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Hope is not to much. I've got my beers in for a night in front of the box:unsure:

Forecast not great, depends whether it rains at the stadium i suppose

been dry all day so should take some rain

Edited by The Third Man
  • Like 1

With rain in the air it opens up another potential test for the regs

I believe the team trailing at heat 10 can request the match be be curtailed if conditions are poor, the team leading cannot 

So what if Wolves are leading by 8 after 10 - can Sheffield request it called as the team trailing in the meeting or is it the aggregate score

More and more it seems what the regs don't say is taken as most important as opposed to what they do say - it could be vital if the above were to occur.......

1 hour ago, r8gdp said:

I prefer the team that finished top of the league after all matches have been completed to be crowned league champions because they ve proven to be the best team over a season 

If that was the case Belle Vue would have 2 more league titles to our name making it 15 instead of 13, but I wouldn't swap last year's play off final win for anything.  Winning it in a Grand final makes it so much bigger, great crowds, great atmospheres, you can't beat it.

• Like 1