British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, cinderfella said:

So has the league set up been doctored sorry set up before the Nov AGM? 

Can't see how the PL csn run with only 5 teams unless it's already been agreed on some CL teams moving up. 

And with rumours of 2 CL under threat where would that leave the CL? 

Of course if Dixie says his job at Leicester isn't a problem then maybe Berwick are actually dropping down to NDL standard

Time fans were treated with more respect and told what was actually happening with the sport. 

I could be wrong, but I doubt Stewart will drop to an NDL standard team.  It might be slightly below current CL standard and slightly above the current NDL standard mind (that's only a guess too).

7 hours ago, cinderfella said:

Can't see how the PL csn run with only 5 teams unless it's already been agreed on some CL teams moving up. 

Of course if Dixie says his job at Leicester isn't a problem then maybe Berwick are actually dropping down to NDL standard. 

Time fans were treated with more respect and told what was actually happening with the sport. 

Does anyone know what's going though, I mean anyone. We have a rule book that's interpreted rather than followed, in fact I`d be surprised if all the team managers and promotions actually knew the rules.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, screm said:

Does anyone know what's going though, I mean anyone. We have a rule book that's interpreted rather than followed, in fact I`d be surprised if all the team managers and promotions actually knew the rules.

Well if anyone does know the rule or regulation book it's Stewart Dickson so the Berwick Promotion have pulled an ace out hat there. 

Sadly I hoped Dixie may have come back to Glasgow so I just hope we don't have anothet season of The Photo Bomber at the helm. 

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, StevePark said:

I could be wrong, but I doubt Stewart will drop to an NDL standard team.  It might be slightly below current CL standard and slightly above the current NDL standard mind (that's only a guess too).

I tend to agree but can you imagine the benefits young lads would gain from having him around. 

Maybe that's what speedway needs - real mentors helping youngsters

10 hours ago, cinderfella said:

Of course if Dixie says his job at Leicester isn't a problem then maybe Berwick are actually dropping down to NDL standard. 

Fans will be told once everything is confirmed at the AGM like every sport ever. Why would they need to come out and tell you the league structure is going to be the same? Only fans have made the assumption that it would ever be one league.

Pre-discussions are had every year and tend to determine the direction the sport is going. Do you think they all sit around until November to then find out what’s happening with their company?!

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

I tend to agree but can you imagine the benefits young lads would gain from having him around. 

Maybe that's what speedway needs - real mentors helping youngsters

43 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

Well if anyone does know the rule or regulation book it's Stewart Dickson so the Berwick Promotion have pulled an ace out hat there. 

Sadly I hoped Dixie may have come back to Glasgow so I just hope we don't have anothet season of The Photo Bomber at the helm. 

48 minutes ago, MartinBSN said:

Fans will be told once everything is confirmed at the AGM like every sport ever. Why would they need to come out and tell you the league structure is going to be the same? Only fans have made the assumption that it would ever be one league.

Pre-discussions are had every year and tend to determine the direction the sport is going. Do you think they all sit around until November to then find out what’s happening with their company?!

I think they've been consistent in the direction the sport is going.

3 hours ago, MartinBSN said:

Given the state of the sport it sure looks that way. 

• Haha 1

Didn't the Courteny's confirm in their end-of-season statement that they would be concentrating on improving their Championship team?!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Didn't the Courteny's confirm in their end-of-season statement that they would be concentrating on improving their Championship team?!

They said the Bullets would finish,but the Bandits would continue.Read into that what you like.

If there is to be a middle tier, and I think there will be, Berwick will be in that.

Personally don't think there will be a NDL next season.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, BanditsFan said:

Great news, hope Etheridge is the first name on his team sheet. 

Etheridge you have to be joking can ride away tracks always Injured had 2 decent meetings this year ,been here for a few years now time to move on ,next thing thing you will be saying you hope flint is on the team sheet lol

21 minutes ago, Dnorthstar1970 said:

Etheridge you have to be joking can ride away tracks always Injured had 2 decent meetings this year ,been here for a few years now time to move on ,next thing thing you will be saying you hope flint is on the team sheet lol

There isn't a Berwick fan out that would take Etheridge over Flint, my own opinion still hasn't changed, even with this managerial change. I hope Leon Flint looks for pastures new for 2024 and move on and up with his career.

• Like 1