British Speedway Forum

11 hours ago, BanditsFan said:

@Bandit59 are you at Ashfield tonight for the Glasgow Fanzone? Biggest night of the season for you. 

No sitting in the house celebrating with a few beers in Scotland watching on BSN

Edited by Bandit59

2 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

No sitting in the house celebrating with a few beers in Scotland 

Enjoy buddy. 

Hopefully the Bandits can finally beat your beloved Tigers next season!

That would be great because if we can beat Glasgow we'll have a good team for a change looking forward to see who Dickson brings in .

Edited by Bandit59
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Bandit59 said:

That would be great because if we can beat Glasgow we'll have a good team for a change looking forward to see who Dickson brings in .

We’ll build a team that is sustainable.  (cheap).

Run within a budget, but look at Newcastle.

6 hours ago, tweedcider said:

Been there,done that ,and look what happened.

7 hours ago, tweedcider said:

I would be surprised if Dickson comes here and offers all seven riders peanuts. Historically at Glasgow 2002-2013 Glasgow had a one number one every season and in some cases two. Even at Leicester he had Nicholls and then Nick Morris.

Reckon Richie Worrall could come in. Wouldn't be my choice but he has history riding for SD.

Probably would give Leon and Jye another season as well.

12 minutes ago, Robinh88 said:

I would be surprised if Dickson comes here and offers all seven riders peanuts. Historically at Glasgow 2002-2013 Glasgow had a one number one every season and in some cases two. Even at Leicester he had Nicholls and then Nick Morris.

Reckon Richie Worrall could come in. Wouldn't be my choice but he has history riding for SD.

Probably would give Leon and Jye another season as well.

Hasn't Worrall got the small matter of a failed drug test hanging over him?

Team managers have little say when it comes to money and riders... well they never used to.

• Like 3

Suppose Stuart is just looking after number one. There's uncertainty over Leicester (Premier league), still up for sale. Birmingham have suggested that thanks to the stadium owners its Monday nights (Premier  league) or no speedway. So he's been offered a job in a lower division, it's closer to home and he's not getting any younger. Add in the 'fact' he's always loved Berwick and....... (fill in the usual statements) and it's obviously a no brainer ;).  

1 hour ago, Pinny said:

Hasn't Worrall got the small matter of a failed drug test hanging over him?

Team managers have little say when it comes to money and riders... well they never used to.

Pretty sure Dickson will be keenly waiting on the outcome of Worrall's SCB hearing before planning his team. They do seem to be joined at the hip a lot of the time. I think he will have a lot of input into the assembly of the Berwick team, but agree, there are many team managers who have little or nothing to do with it.

1 minute ago, wtf said:

Pretty sure Dickson will be keenly waiting on the outcome of Worrall's SCB hearing before planning his team. They do seem to be joined at the hip a lot of the time. I think he will have a lot of input into the assembly of the Berwick team, but agree, there are many team managers who have little or nothing to do with it.

I can pretty much garentee SD will pick pretty much all of the riders. I've spoken to him a few times in the past and he always says every rider he picks is his choice. Could be different in Berwick but doubt it

• Like 1

If that is the case, you have to wonder why he gets so much praise then as what has he actually won? 2011 PL title with Glasgow although they got absolutely obliterated over two legs by Newport in the KO cup final. What else has he won?

1 hour ago, Pinny said:

If that is the case, you have to wonder why he gets so much praise then as what has he actually won? 2011 PL title with Glasgow although they got absolutely obliterated over two legs by Newport in the KO cup final. What else has he won?

He won the title at leicester plus the shield trophy. With a runners up medal not long after. 

1 hour ago, alang said:

I just assumed he was coming to Berwick because it has a FREE car park

Same as leicester haha

12 hours ago, tweedcider said:

Berwick are currently one of the highest paying clubs in the league